Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Brunswick charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From East to West:

1. Aulac Big Stop
2. Magnetic Hill Irving
3. Salisbury Irving Big Stop
4. Youngs Cove One Stop
5. Linclon Irving Big Stop
6. Mads Truck Stop, Lake George

Not yet discovered:
7. Woodstock
8. Perth-Andover?
9. Grand Falls?
10. Edmundston

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff
I notice it is at an Irving "Big Stop." Are those owned by corporate or by franchisees? Maybe it's part of a larger agreement with other Big Stop locations.

Based on their IRVING 24 Locations map, If I lived nearby, I would check these Big Stops:

Grand Falls I24 (St.-André)
Woodstock I24 (Beardsley)
Salisbury
Aulac

Funny story:

I stopped last summer a few times in Saint Stephen to use the free L2 charger at the former visitors' centre, on my way from Bangor to Moncton--the only way to make that trip in a 75D back then. The owners of the centre had left it on, even though the building was empty and being renovated.

For fun, I stopped in to the NEW visitors' centre one time, which is at Irving station out on the highway. I wanted to see if they were installing any chargers there. They had one at the old centre so I thought why not?

My gf went inside the visitor centre. You know, the place presumably funded by the government of NB to give information about NB to people visiting NB.

She asked if there were any electric chargers.

The staff member's reply: "This is a gas station. As in, gas."

In fairness to her, I did say "presumably funded by the government of NB", which I suppose is the same as saying Irving Oil Ltd.

Wow, that's impressive !

My wife really wants to do a road trip in the maritimes (and these would make it much easier), but our window is in 2-3 weeks...

Fingers crossed (but not holding breath) !

See my post above. They told me they would all be complete by end of July.

You likely only need 1 strategically placed to do the road trip. Certainly two strategically placed would do the trick.

Two weeks might be fast. In three they might be up.

I should point out though that NB Power has royally screwed up if each site has (as they seem to from the pics) only ONE L3 charger. That is a strategic mistake of serious proportions. It's going to cause frustration and frustration is NOT the friend of someone who is REALLY trying to encourage people to drive electric cars. Frustration in the electric driving experience is the main argument of the naysayers.

I should point out though that NB Power has royally screwed up if each site has (as they seem to from the pics) only ONE L3 charger. That is a strategic mistake of serious proportions. It's going to cause frustration and frustration is NOT the friend of someone who is REALLY trying to encourage people to drive electric cars. Frustration in the electric driving experience is the main argument of the naysayers.
They're every ~65km though which is a layer of redundancy we have not previously enjoyed.

Are single charger sites throughout Quebec that much of an issue there? I have had to wait once to fast charge but it's a very rare thing in a province that full of EVs.

• Informative
Reactions: 5YJSA and Jaff
From East to West:

1. Aulac Big Stop
2. Magnetic Hill Irving
3. Salisbury Irving Big Stop
4. Youngs Cove One Stop
5. Linclon Irving Big Stop
6. Mads Truck Stop, Lake George

Not yet discovered:
7. Woodstock
8. Perth-Andover?
9. Grand Falls?
10. Edmundston

The four others are not all at Irvings... :)

Your guesses are pretty good! Keep hunting guys!

Edmundston
Saint André
Perth-Andover
Woodstock

Reactions: RiverBrick
Official announcement by NB Power coming up.

Travel NB by EV!

July 7th 9:00 A.M

Main Stage, Atlantic Nationals Car Show

Main Street, Moncton

We invite you to join us on July 7th at the Atlantic Nationals Car Show, at the Main Stage at 655 Main Street, Moncton at 9 a.m. to find out more about the eCharge Network, including the locations of the charging stations that will create a fast-charging corridor along the TransCanada Highway. If you’re unable to make it to Moncton in person, you can watch the announcement live on our Facebook page at that same time.

Voyagez au NB en VÉ!

Le 7 juillet à 9 h

Scène principale, Exposition nationale d’automobiles de l’Atlantique

Rue Main à Moncton

Le 7 juillet à partir de 9 h, nous vous invitons à vous joindre à nous au salon de l’automobile Atlantic Nationals sur la scène principale sur la rue Main à Moncton. Là, vous pourrez en apprendre davantage sur le réseau branché, y compris l’emplacement des bornes de recharge rapide, qui vont constituer le corridor de recharge rapide le long de l’autoroute transcanadienne. Si vous ne pouvez pas vous y rendre en personne, vous pouvez visionner l’annonce en direct à partir de notre page Facebook.

I just drove down to NS from Ontario last week and if anyone is driving down before the ChaDeMo chargers are available, and if it in the regular open daytime hours, make sure to use the Tesla Charger at Maritime Geothermal in Petitcodiac. It delivers 80 amps to a dual charger equipped Tesla, which is the fastest you will find in NB, and the owner is very happy to have you use it.

A recent inquiry received a fresh reply today.

All stations should be open by the end of July, but several should be open earlier. There will be announcements of specific openings this Thursday and Friday.

The Welcome - eCharge Network site is up. Many will recognize that they are using the FLO software platform. If you have a FLO or Circuit Electric card you can use that, no need to subscribe to the echargenetwork.

Currently, only 3 L2s are listed on the network (except by default they show all the compatible FLO and Electric Circuit stations as well.) These stations are free to use for the moment, but coming soon the rates will be $1.50$/hr or $3/session for L2 and $15/hr for DCFC (15 cents per minute.)

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff and rypalmer
A recent inquiry received a fresh reply today.

All stations should be open by the end of July, but several should be open earlier. There will be announcements of specific openings this Thursday and Friday.

The Welcome - eCharge Network site is up. Many will recognize that they are using the FLO software platform. If you have a FLO or Circuit Electric card you can use that, no need to subscribe to the echargenetwork.

Currently, only 3 L2s are listed on the network (except by default they show all the compatible FLO and Electric Circuit stations as well.) These stations are free to use for the moment, but coming soon the rates will be $1.50$/hr or $3/session for L2 and $15/hr for DCFC (15 cents per minute.)
yup! First one was unveiled!

N.-B.: une première borne de recharge rapide pour les véhicules électriques

AN - La première borne de recharge rapide pour les véhicules électriques de la province, qui est située au Lincoln Irving Big Stop, a été inaugurée, jeudi matin.

Des bornes sont prévues à d’autres emplacements, soit à Aulac, Salisbury, Saint-André, Youngs Cove, Woodstock et Moncton, fait savoir le gouvernement.

Les bornes de recharge rapide peuvent recharger jusqu’à 80 pour cent de la puissance des batteries de véhicules électriques dans environ 30 minutes.

Ces bornes de recharge feront partie d’un corridor de recharge rapide constitué de bornes situées à des intervalles de 65 kilomètres le long de l’autoroute transcanadienne. Le corridor fait partie du réseau branché d’Énergie NB, un programme public de bornes de recharge pour les véhicules électriques.

Les propriétaires de véhicules électriques peuvent s’inscrire en ligne pour devenir membres du réseau, pour ajouter des crédits à leur compte et pour trouver l’emplacement des bornes de recharge au Nouveau-Brunswick.

Des bornes de recharge de niveau 2 (240 volts) seront également installées pour les véhicules électriques hybrides qui ne sont pas compatibles avec les bornes de recharge rapide.

Les bornes de recharge sont fabriquées au Canada par AddÉnergie et elles pourront fonctionner conjointement avec le réseau FLO, le plus grand réseau de bornes de recharge au Canada.

Un investissement de 500 000 dollars de Ressources naturelles Canada permettra d’acheter et d’installer les bornes de recharge.

SOURCE : N.-B.: une première borne de recharge rapide pour les véhicules électriques - Acadie Nouvelle

Reactions: Jaff and RiverBrick
Last edited:
On fb, some ICE drivers seem bewildered and even betrayed to learn Irving is partnering in this.
We've got a long way to go in terms of educating the broader public about a few things. In particular, the things you get up to while your car charges on a long trip: drinking coffee, eating dinner, and using the washroom. All things Irving Big Stops happen to do well, conveniently located next to the TCH.

NB Power launches public charging network for electric vehicles

There will be 5 Fast Chargers in Northern NB too in addition to the 10 already announced!

NB Power launches public charging network for electric vehicles
2017-07-07

MONCTON (GNB) – NB Power today announced the eCharge Network, the province’s first electric vehicle charging network aimed at giving drivers worry-free travel everywhere in the province.

The network includes 15 locations along the province’s busiest highways where both fast-chargers and level-2 chargers will be available. In addition, nine level-2 chargers are already located at participating municipalities and businesses throughout the province. The new locations will be installed by the end of 2017.

NB Power is working with public and private partners to add to the network to enable electric vehicle owners to drive with confidence and to encourage others to make the switch from gas to electric vehicles.

“We are incredibly proud to offer our customers and visitors to New Brunswick convenient charging with the launch of our eCharge Network,” said Gaëtan Thomas, president and CEO of NB Power. “Our goal is to make it easy for owners of electric vehicles to drive wherever they choose in New Brunswick, and to encourage more drivers to consider an electric vehicle for their next purchase.”

An electric vehicle owner in New Brunswick can shrink their vehicle carbon footprint by about 80 per cent while reducing their fuel-related costs by about 75 per cent, according to NB Power.

In addition to the network of standard charging stations, the eCharge network will also include 400 volt fast-charging stations along the Trans-Canada Highway and in the northern parts of New Brunswick. The first of their kind in New Brunswick, these 15 fast-charging stations will enable all-electric vehicles to recharge in as little as 20 to 30 minutes. Fast-charge sites will include standard level-2 stations for both battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids.

NB Power will install fast-charge and level-2 sites at five locations throughout northern New Brunswick, which will be cost-shared with government. Locations include the areas of Saint-Quentin/Kedgwick, Campbellton, Bathurst, Tracadie, and Miramichi.

“Our government understands that embracing the green economy and reducing our carbon footprint is a priority for New Brunswickers,” said Environment and Local Government Minister Serge Rousselle. “Our climate change action plan calls for a collaborative approach to creating the strategic infrastructure to support electric vehicles throughout all regions in the province, and we are pleased to see this important step underway. New Brunswickers will now have the necessary network to adopt new methods of transportation and contribute to our provincial plan to increase the number of electric vehicles on the road and will help meet emission reduction targets as we work to combat climate change.”

An investment of $500,000 from Natural Resources Canada will go towards purchasing and installing the charging stations for the 10 fast-charging stations along the Trans-Canada Highway.

“The eCharge Network will make it easier for Canadians to choose cleaner options and helps put New Brunswick’s transportation system on a path to a lower-carbon future,” said Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe MP Ginette Petitpas Taylor. “The Government of Canada continues to support green infrastructure in the transportation sector that will advance Canada’s efforts to build a clean economy, create well-paying jobs, and achieve our climate change goals.”

Petitpas Taylor attended for federal Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr.

Fast chargers are being installed at the following locations along the Trans-Canada Highway:

• Edmundston Truck Stop
  • Irving Big Stop, Saint-André
  • Johnson Guardian, Perth-Andover
  • Murray’s Irving, Woodstock
  • Petro-Canada / Acorn Restaurant, Prince William
  • Irving Big Stop, Waasis
  • Youngs Cove Irving
  • Irving Big Stop, Salisbury
  • Magnetic Hill Irving, Moncton
  • Irving Big Stop, Aulac

The eCharge Network will be interoperable with networks across Canada, including the FLO and Electric Circuit networks. New Brunswickers can sign up to become members of the eCharge Network, load credits to their account and find charging station locations by visiting www.eChargeNetwork.com.

About the eCharge Network:

The eCharge Network is NB Power’s public charging program for electric vehicles. The eCharge Network is made up of standard level-2 (240 volt) charging station located throughout the province and a corridor of 15 fast-charging stations (400 volt) along the TransCanada Highway from Edmundston to Aulac and throughout the northern part of the province. The network aims to enable drivers of electric vehicles to travel around New Brunswick.

Quick facts:

• There are currently nine eCharge Network stations available for use in the following municipalities: Fredericton, Quispamsis, Moncton, Shediac, Grand Bay-Westfield.
  • It takes several hours to recharge completely at a standard level-2 charging station.
  • Both plug-in hybrid and all-electric vehicles can charge at a 120-volt outlet or standard level-2 charging stations (240 volt).
  • An all-electric vehicle can recharge up to 80 per cent in as little as about 30 minutes at a fast charging (“level 3” / 400 volt) station.