Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car, still on V9 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new model 3 yesterday. The software is still v9, I connected it to my home WiFi (3 bars) but no update yet to v10. How long does it take for the car to recognize an update is available? Sorry if there’s another thread on this.

My first update (non major version) didn't come until about 4 weeks after I had my car (the update was already out when I picked up my car). Others have reported their first update within a couple of days.

Congrats on the new car - I hope you're having fun!

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I picked up my new model 3 yesterday. The software is still v9, I connected it to my home WiFi (3 bars) but no update yet to v10. How long does it take for the car to recognize an update is available? Sorry if there’s another thread on this.

I also got my car recently (end of October) and have yet to get V10 update myself...

I called the customer service department that specializes in software, and they said it could be that I havent driven the car much since getting it (only 250 miles on it so far in the last 3 weeks) and that hopefully it should just show up soon...

Has anyone had luck by calling multiple times over the course of a week to really push your case?

Yeah, that "click 5 times" thing was debunked.
It worked for me, 3 weeks into the lastest mass patch and nothing, I read about this and went to the car. Screen Software and nothing, software is currently updated. Clicked on Advance 5 times and guess what, forced a search and found it.

If you don’t have it coming obviously it won’t work.

Waiting for the next mass update to record it and post it.

Fred

Picked up my car yesterday and obviously On version 9.

Connected it to WiFi but I’m guessing I’d have to sit in the car while it’s switched on and connected to WiFi to give it chance to download?

just wondering the quickest way to get it downloaded so it will upgrade? Maybe tether to iPhone hotspot while driving ?

cheers
Shaun

Connected it to WiFi but I’m guessing I’d have to sit in the car while it’s switched on and connected to WiFi to give it chance to download?

just wondering the quickest way to get it downloaded so it will upgrade? Maybe tether to iPhone hotspot while driving ?

cheers
Shaun
First, I see this is your first post: welcome to TMC!

Connecting to WiFi (even hotspot) will not make it happen any sooner. You will get it when you get it. Some people get their first update within a couple of days and others, weeks (mine was about 4 weeks). Nothing short of being a jerk to Tesla will make it happen any sooner (including the debunked "5 tap" method).

Assuming this is your first Tesla, you will have more than enough new stuff to learn about the car to keep you busy for a while. The couple of things you don't have will be there soon enough :)

cheers
Shaun
Just enjoy the car. There’s more then enough to learn and use. It’s still the same car on v10

First, I see this is your first post: welcome to TMC!

Connecting to WiFi (even hotspot) will not make it happen any sooner. You will get it when you get it. Some people get their first update within a couple of days and others, weeks (mine was about 4 weeks). Nothing short of being a jerk to Tesla will make it happen any sooner (including the debunked "5 tap" method).

Assuming this is your first Tesla, you will have more than enough new stuff to learn about the car to keep you busy for a while. The couple of things you don't have will be there soon enough :)

hay mate thanks for the welcome and you are right, there are some features I’ve not even used yet like park assist and had a propper run with autopilot.

I guess like you say by the time I’ve gone over all the features and learnt how to use it, something will probably be ready to update :)

cheers
Shaun

I've had my M3 for a week now and on V9, so I'll give it another week before I contact support.

I thought, though, if I went to the software screen it would show a message that it is checking for updates. Mine just says software is up to date and never changes.

I've had my M3 for a week now and on V9, so I'll give it another week before I contact support.

I thought, though, if I went to the software screen it would show a message that it is checking for updates. Mine just says software is up to date and never changes.

You only see that message with V10. I got my car on 11/11 and I'm still waiting for the update.