Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car tint revealed a scratch in between the panes of glass - should Tesla pay for re-tint after replacing the glass??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

burtinboy

Early adopter of headaches
Aug 23, 2019
New York
a small scratch that was impossible to see as it was between the panes (drivers door window) before the tint was applied as it gave a background for the scratch to appear. Service replaced the pane but now i need to retint that door.
They intially told me that they would not cover the retint - anyone with experience?

a small scratch that was impossible to see as it was between the panes (drivers door window) before the tint was applied as it gave a background for the scratch to appear. Service replaced the pane but now i need to retint that door.
They intially told me that they would not cover the retint - anyone with experience?
Your tint shop should have stopped and contacted you when they were doing the job and noticed the crack.

Tesla made it right and corrected the issue with your car.

I took delivery in Oct of a 2021 MYP and both my front windows had scratches in the glass between panes. Multiple ones in fact on both.

Long story short. 3 sets of replacements as replacements even had scratches, plus interior doors got damaged by the mobile tech and had to replace those as well. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with any car manufacturer.

That said, my driver side still has one small one at the edge and just accepted it as a mark that I know it's my car now and is in the trim when closed so it's hard to notice and Tesla service manager and district even told me to "drive my car and I will love it" and look past the issues. Some tint shops will re-do it and others won't.

You can ask Tesla, but they gave me a $100 code for the online store that expired because the items I wanted stayed out of stock and my network card worked briefly and they delayed getting it fixed by 6 mo total where I didn't get use of my premium connectivity from Tesla. Went up to the regional and service center management. Both said I'm sorry, nothing we will do, is there is anything else we need to fix on your car we are happy to. It sounded and felt condescending. Ultimately, never hurts to try, but this brand is one I'll never recommend again based on my experiences to date. Truly awful for the price point.

I took delivery in Oct of a 2021 MYP and both my front windows had scratches in the glass between panes. Multiple ones in fact on both.

Long story short. 3 sets of replacements as replacements even had scratches, plus interior doors got damaged by the mobile tech and had to replace those as well. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with any car manufacturer.

That said, my driver side still has one small one at the edge and just accepted it as a mark that I know it's my car now and is in the trim when closed so it's hard to notice and Tesla service manager and district even told me to "drive my car and I will love it" and look past the issues. Some tint shops will re-do it and others won't.

You can ask Tesla, but they gave me a $100 code for the online store that expired because the items I wanted stayed out of stock and my network card worked briefly and they delayed getting it fixed by 6 mo total where I didn't get use of my premium connectivity from Tesla. Went up to the regional and service center management. Both said I'm sorry, nothing we will do, is there is anything else we need to fix on your car we are happy to. It sounded and felt condescending. Ultimately, never hurts to try, but this brand is one I'll never recommend again based on my experiences to date. Truly awful for the price point.
Please do and even talk to people not to buy Tesla, so that the wait time will be reduced.:cool:

Happy to do so. It will eventually get to the point when others catch up teslas aren’t the brand people want. Will take time but it’s coming because of that toilet tweeting CEO.
Not really. Most people are not politically charged activists. and people make buying decisions based on the car not the company CEO.
Also, I am just wondering when the "catch up" will happen. They have been saying "catch up" for years now, but still not even close to "close".:cool:

Reactions: Pianewman