Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Center Console notice email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got my 2016 90D 2 days ago and absolutely love it but really wanted the center console so I ordered it, just got this email from TESLA about the new console which is going to be $1250! emailed them back saying that I wanted it however wanted to see if they could move on the price considering I just took delivery for a 2016 and such... will see what they say...

Dear Tesla Customer,

Close communication between customers, service, and engineering enables us to proactively address concerns and fix issues. Customer feedback over the last three years has helped us innovate and continues to drive us towards accomplishing our mission of a sustainable transportation future.

Earlier this week we finalized a new front center console design for Model S. This update will become the new standard for all Model S builds. The integrated design, trimmed in black with chrome accents, features:
  • Covered storage with improved sliding cover and removable dividers for custom layout
  • Flip-up lid with rubber grips and a pass-through to allow installation of a phone dock kit (purchased separately)
  • Retractable rear cup holders that can accommodate up to two cups

The Model S Integrated Console will be made available for purchase through the Tesla Gear site and Service Center locations in the weeks to come. As a current order holder for the first generation Premium Front Console, we would like to offer you an exclusive reservation opportunity. If you wish to purchase the integrated console, this reservation will provide you priority delivery upon parts availability. The price for the new console will be $1250 USD. Shipping and installation are complimentary.

My 90D delivered today has the center console, with no additional charge.

The DS said it was the first one she had seen.
Nice! Can you post picks of the read seat cupholders?

Between that new console included and the new standard wheels (so no need for Cyclones) , the current version of the Model S90D is $3700 less than what I paid in September. Sounds like you got a great deal. ;)

Just picked up a new 70 today, and came with new console (unexpected)

If there are rear seat cup holders, I can't find them! 4 cup holders up front though.

IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG