Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Center Console notice email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is the center console completely integrated on the sides? The attached picture is the original design I just ordered and looks like it is stacked on the floor shelf

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 254
Perfect picture of what I was looking for. Thanks for the great pics.

Also noticed no iPhone charger as standard. I love the new design but I think I will take the extra $600.00 and get a Blackvue camera instead.

If the wife didn't want the center console I would keep it as yacht floor because that's where I stretch my legs out.

I too received the center console email as I had the original on order. From what I can understand (not verified) this new item is a total replacement of the center armrest which includes the front center console. Looks like they will remove the yacht floor area and the center armrests and replace the entire thing with the new one.

Also the old center console is now gone from the accessories online store. And the new optional docking station for the phones is not listed yet (nor is its price).

Clearly Tesla, this would have been (and is) good situation for you do perhaps a 3 minute video that shows the old center console and the attibributes of the newer design. Right now, I do not have enough information to make a good decision and will have to wait until a new Model S arrives on the East Coast with the new console. I am sure I am not alone in this regard. The email provides just enough data to paralyze my decision process... probably not an intended outcome.

So I got my 2016 90D 2 days ago and absolutely love it but really wanted the center console so I ordered it, just got this email from TESLA about the new console which is going to be $1250! emailed them back saying that I wanted it however wanted to see if they could move on the price considering I just took delivery for a 2016 and such... will see what they say...

Dear Tesla Customer,

Close communication between customers, service, and engineering enables us to proactively address concerns and fix issues. Customer feedback over the last three years has helped us innovate and continues to drive us towards accomplishing our mission of a sustainable transportation future.

Earlier this week we finalized a new front center console design for Model S. This update will become the new standard for all Model S builds. The integrated design, trimmed in black with chrome accents, features:
  • Covered storage with improved sliding cover and removable dividers for custom layout
  • Flip-up lid with rubber grips and a pass-through to allow installation of a phone dock kit (purchased separately)
  • Retractable rear cup holders that can accommodate up to two cups

The Model S Integrated Console will be made available for purchase through the Tesla Gear site and Service Center locations in the weeks to come. As a current order holder for the first generation Premium Front Console, we would like to offer you an exclusive reservation opportunity. If you wish to purchase the integrated console, this reservation will provide you priority delivery upon parts availability. The price for the new console will be $1250 USD. Shipping and installation are complimentary.

$1,200? That is a bit extreme for not more than $100 of injection molded plastic and vinyl. Maybe we should charge more for our lighted rear applique:).

• Funny
Reactions: darthy001 and msnow
Price increases by automobile manufacturers are not necessarily tied to new standard equipment or options. Sometimes prices just go up. In fact, most ICE prices go up every year. There may be a small redesign or new option, but that isn't the reason for the increase.