Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Charge Port Installed (Cold Weather Version)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What problem does this new part fix? I had multiple times that the charging doesn’t open (no snow or ice, just cold). Will the new part fix that ?

Nope, this is the internals of the charging port. You'll know if you have the issue it fixes because you'll have had times where you can't pull out the charging cable (so you can't drive anywhere) or you can't physically plug it in so you can't charge. Fun stuff and I'm so glad they fixed it - I was not going to do another winter with the risk of getting stranded again.

@Tony_YYZ Mine was replaced a couple of days ago and no problems charging at all - seems like the tech screwed up or it's a defective part - my money would be on #1. Also they should have plugged it in and checked the charging at the service center - the mobile tech did.

Nope, this is the internals of the charging port. You'll know if you have the issue it fixes because you'll have had times where you can't pull out the charging cable (so you can't drive anywhere) or you can't physically plug it in so you can't charge. Fun stuff and I'm so glad they fixed it - I was not going to do another winter with the risk of getting stranded again.

@Tony_YYZ Mine was replaced a couple of days ago and no problems charging at all - seems like the tech screwed up or it's a defective part - my money would be on #1. Also they should have plugged it in and checked the charging at the service center - the mobile tech did.

Yeah I'm betting something wasn't installed correctly. I was supposed to go back today but don't know if I'll make it due to the weather.

I just reached out to Testa Lawrence and got an immediate reply saying they will send the mobile team to replace the charge port. I didn't mention that I knew about the new part, just wrote an email follow up to my initial complaint from months ago. Mobile team already reached out to say they are on it. Colour me impressed by the response time! :) Hopefully the new part works well.

Went back to the Service Center this morning, they fixed it right up for me within a few minutes. It was indeed an issue with the emergency latch. Currently charging up at 30A while at work.

9CDD34B0-88A6-4EE6-BEFF-9FB2CB5991E4.png

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I contacted Mississauga Service and explained to them I did have my pin not locking in at times, they suggested that I use Rain X as lubricant to keep any water away.
Really? They’re going to gas light customers that have the issue and know there’s a solution? Rain X??? Are they going to say ‘uh no we didn’t just replace a port yesterday for someone else’?