TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New chime sound when entering the car: what's that?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by artsci, Dec 15, 2013.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Since I had my car serviced a few weeks ago I now get a chime kind of sound when I open the door and put my butt in the seat. This is definitely new. Anyone know what this is all about?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

No idea, but if it happened in my car I'd assume it was the "go on a diet" alert.

3. Panacea

Panacea TSLA Shareholder/Believer

LOL. Is that part of the tech package?

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Not for me:) Weight on target for age and height.

Its more like a bell or whistle than a chime. Strange.

5. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Two beeps?
    Your jeans tighter than usual? I've found that you can accidentally activate a button on the keyfob as you're getting in/out which will sound a two-beep alert (IIRC) since the door is ajar.

6. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Aah. That's the last firware mini update. It's a christmas special, will be removed with the first update in 2014. Listen carefully. Jingle bells?

7. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The key fob is always around my neck but maybe my winter jacket is putting pressure on it when the fob is under it. Now that I think about it this started happening when the weather got cold and I started wearing the heavier coat.

8. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Do you have an update to install? I've seen that when an update message is waiting.

9. artsci

artsci Sponsor

No active updates. Cinergi was right. I think it was inadvertent press of the key fob by my heavy coat. When it warmed up today I put on a lighter jacked and there was no such sound on ingress.

10. webguy

webguy Member

I noticed this as well. It happened primarily when wearing tighter jeans (I keep the fob on my key ring in my pocket). One a couple occasions the windows all rolled down and I didn't know why... until I realized the fob was being pressed.

11. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

It's the latest hardware upgrade: whoopee cushion.

12. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

funny enough, I find that if I leave the fob in my pocket while in my house, I come out to the garage and all the windows have rolled down. I'm not sure how I'm pressing and holding the unlock button, but I imagine it's easier to do with Pete's fob pocket. I'm gald I park in the garage, because to do that with the car outside could invite mischief, animals, and unwanted weather.