Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New chime sound when entering the car: what's that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two beeps?
Your jeans tighter than usual? I've found that you can accidentally activate a button on the keyfob as you're getting in/out which will sound a two-beep alert (IIRC) since the door is ajar.

Two beeps?
Your jeans tighter than usual? I've found that you can accidentally activate a button on the keyfob as you're getting in/out which will sound a two-beep alert (IIRC) since the door is ajar.

The key fob is always around my neck but maybe my winter jacket is putting pressure on it when the fob is under it. Now that I think about it this started happening when the weather got cold and I started wearing the heavier coat.

I noticed this as well. It happened primarily when wearing tighter jeans (I keep the fob on my key ring in my pocket). One a couple occasions the windows all rolled down and I didn't know why... until I realized the fob was being pressed.

funny enough, I find that if I leave the fob in my pocket while in my house, I come out to the garage and all the windows have rolled down. I'm not sure how I'm pressing and holding the unlock button, but I imagine it's easier to do with Pete's fob pocket. I'm gald I park in the garage, because to do that with the car outside could invite mischief, animals, and unwanted weather.