Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new comfort suspension switch over dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. is there any way to know for sure if my Model Y has comfort suspension? I have a 2023 MY manufactured in Austin in Nov 2023. However some reports say only Fremont builds have comfort suspension, while others say if it was built in Austin after Aug 29 then it has it. I wish there was a definitive way of knowing.
the reports are internet posts. they are not gospel.
look for the part number tags on your struts. take pictures.
compare those to earlier thread information, which outlined the numbers.

be aware that the new parts may not be available for purchase today, but they are very likely to be in the next several months.
the cost is half what any aftermarket kit would be.

Reactions: tm1v2
Hi. is there any way to know for sure if my Model Y has comfort suspension? I have a 2023 MY manufactured in Austin in Nov 2023. However some reports say only Fremont builds have comfort suspension, while others say if it was built in Austin after Aug 29 then it has it. I wish there was a definitive way of knowing.
I believe this was the number I called. Just follow the prompts: 1-888-518-3752

Once you get a service tech on the line they should be able to tell you after you provide your VIN. As stated previously, you can also check the part number on the struts and see if they match what’s been posted here.

I contacted the Tesla Service center and provided my VIN. Birthday of my ‘23 MYP is Oct ‘22. Fremont build. He confirmed I had the comfort suspension. I suspected as much considering I found the ride quality acceptable.
Do you happen to have the part numbers listed on your struts similar to what others are posting? I think those of us with MYP's are wanting what those part #'s are.

Reactions: Killer Junior
My 2022 MYP built in Fremont on 9.28.22 and delivered 10.14.22 with vin F564xxx confirmed with SC today I have Donkey cart suspension and not new comfort version. He also confirmed they will not retrofit.
Mine looks to have been built about the same time yours was. I have the same F564xxx VIN 2022 MYP. I don't think the suspension is that bad.

My Part #'s are:

1188371-00-E (Left Front)
1188376-00-E (Right Front)
1188465-00-E (Both Rears)

Do you happen to have the part numbers listed on your struts similar to what others are posting? I think those of us with MYP's are wanting what those part #'s are.
So, I’m not very familiar with Tesla part numbering conventions, and I’m assuming the Performance Y suspension is different from the Long Range Y. Based on what I’ve been told by a Tesla service tech, my 2023 MYP has the new comfort suspension. Oct. ‘22 Fremont build:

Rear: 1188465-00-F
Right Front: 1188376-00-F
Left Front: 1188371-00-F

I don’t know what the previous Performance Y part numbers are. If someone could confirm whether these are old or new part numbers I’d appreciate it.

ETA: what I found on the Tesla parts catalog page is the verbiage for those part numbers include “Dual Motor” in the description. Not sure if that’s an indicator or not. Parts Catalog

Last edited:
So, I’m not very familiar with Tesla part numbering conventions, and I’m assuming the Performance Y suspension is different from the Long Range Y. Based on what I’ve been told by a Tesla service tech, my 2023 MYP has the new comfort suspension. Oct. ‘22 Fremont build:

I don’t know what the previous Performance Y part numbers are. If someone could confirm whether these are old or new part numbers I’d appreciate it.

ETA: what I found on the Tesla parts catalog page is the verbiage for those part numbers include “Dual Motor” in the description. Not sure if that’s an indicator or not. Parts Catalog
Thanks. Yours are the new ones as my 22' MYP was built about a month before yours and my parts end with "E". (see my post above with full part #'s)

Reactions: Killer Junior
EDIT: I don't know of the Austin Y feels that much different than my previous Y after driving it and pay attention to the suspension. I definitely need to visit a SC to test drive a newer MYP or MYLR from Fremont.
I’ve got Austin Model Y LR delivered on dec 31st, feels every grain on the road and very boogie and harsh sound in the cabin. I’ve got model 3 loaner man that is real good, smooth. I think Model Y has a design flaw, no insulatio, sound doesn’t escape and pressure builtsup on rough roads. Not enjoyable. Unfortunately, stay hooked to tesla due to price reduction. Resale cost me more than 20k. No more Teslas!!

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2

Did you end up confirming comfort? These codes look like comfort (F codes).

A part of me wants to upgrade the suspension of my June '22 PY, and the cargo shelf from Austin. The other part of me wants to order a new one when I know if the PY will use 4680's and how the charging/range works out with them.

I guess I'm never satisfied.

Would you be able to let us know the part number of the rear spring? I've checked the parts catalogue and while it say 'performance' for the rear damper, it does not specify a model name to be able to select the correct the rear springs.

Mine was delivered in March 2022, so it probably has the older suspension.

I've read quite a few threads so far, but it's not obvious if anyone has successfully upgraded themselves from the old into this new "comfort" version.

Could anyone confirm a successful upgrade, and also confirm improved ride, please?