Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New custom order 75D vs CPO 90D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I’m in the market for a tesla and my OA provided me options for either a demo/service 2017 90D with the exact same options as my custom order except for maybe color and I guess the latest AP 2.5/2.1 which I assume I’d get on my custom order.

The lease payments for both are almost identical with the 90D coming out a few dollars cheaper. The 90D also comes with the subzero package which into wouldn’t have custom ordered.

My question then is which car should I go with? The upgraded 75D or the 90D with more range. Performance should be identical.

Thanks
Tony

If they're identical and the same price, the 90D. The trick is if they're actually "identical". Ask if there's a link to the cars online. If so, post them here or pm me and I'll tell you the options codes for the cars to compare them at a fine grained level.

If they're identical and the same price, the 90D. The trick is if they're actually "identical". Ask if there's a link to the cars online. If so, post them here or pm me and I'll tell you the options codes for the cars to compare them at a fine grained level.

Awesome, thx!

Here’s a link to my config on Tesla’s site Order a Model S

I couldn’t find the 90D online but here are the details

Attachments

• IMG_6600.PNG
    IMG_6600.PNG
    555.5 KB · Views: 119
that 90D doesn't have free supercharging
with a referral code you would get -1000$ and free supercharging (it works only on new or inventory cars)

75D will get 85Kw battery in Q4 (it isn't 100% but there are MS-75Ds with 85kw battery in Norway and other countries)
BTX8 battery-code on a 75D... or is it a 85D ..

If it isn't urgent i would wait till october/november when they will start to sell the Modell 3 and they have to boost the MS battery because the M3 with 75kw battery has 310 miles range

Sorry for my English i'm from Europe

Awesome, thx!

It appears that 90D also has the Premium Upgrades Package, which your custom link didn't appear to have (although it's not a direct comparison since they changed up the Premium Upgrades Package recently).

The deals going on right now for the 90D are pretty sweet if you can find one that meets your options.

Awesome, thx!

Unfortunately, without the online link to the 90D, we can't see the option codes and on new cars, they only give you a few codes:

Tesla Model S Options Decoder

I'm in the same boat as you: decided to buy a Tesla, just deciding between new or CPO. There's no guarantee on the 85 kWh battery (or any other possible updates) but I'm waiting until October before buying considering new, just in case (happens to work well with my family situation as well).

As for which is better for you, really depends on how much you value the additional range. If it's valuable, it's a good value way to get it.