Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Delivery - already Wowed by Customer Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my 85D yesterday, and after a few hours noticed a (slight) noise which took away my attention from the otherwise perfection that is Tesla. I then asked on this forum if anyone else has had a similar issue and where to start.

Not only does Tesla monitor this public forum, but using the magic of the internet (and logic), they track people down and force them to have a good customer experience.

This morning, my local Service Center (Raleigh, NC) called me and practically insisted that they pickup my car and leave me a loaner and look at this issue. I was going to live with the rattle for at least a week before I called them to see if it dissipated (trying not to be over-sensitive).

This is a paradigm-shift from my previous Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus services where customer satisfaction manifests itself as me having to fill out a corporate customer survey after the local dealer called me begging/strong arming me into giving them the highest rankings.

I'm now recalling back in 2002 when I bought a new BMW and it took 2 days, multiple (30 mile) trips back and forth at the dealer and then me personally disassembling the entire rear seat area to find out there was a loose screw in the rear window stop light causing a similarly minor, but even more grating issue.

Kudos to Elon and everyone at Telsa for knowing your customers and operating a corporation with a common sense approach. I'm glad I already installed two 15-40 outlets in my garage as more Tesla products come to market.

I'm more impressed that they've organized a workflow to monitor the forums, find issues, identify individuals, and then reach out, within < 24 hours.

I specifically posted at TMC (and not at telsamotors.com forums) since I presumed they monitored their own site and was hopeful I could easily isolate or repair the issue myself, rather than wasting the time and gas to and from the Service Center. Wait, I guess gas is no longer an issue......even the problems are a little easier with Tesla (and other BEVs).

Such a night a day difference from Chevrolet. I bought a $55,000 Tahoe new in 2009, and was treated like dirt, and it was a bother to fix things on the car. I spent more $ w/Tesla, (but not much when you factor fuel costs, and oil changes, etc)... and am beyond thrilled.

I am dying for Model 3, as I have two friends who want one, and am trying to convert my own mom to one!

I love my S85 so much I want a P85D... my friends are like... you just got this one... I say yea, I know. I love it so much I want MORE of it.

I think it is ingenious that they monitor these forums and work to make things great, I spent a year+ researching this car before I bought, and there are really only 2 forums (here and at Tesla), and these descriptions by customers can really sway someone who is on the fence about spending more then they are used to.

I posted about high heat build-up from my HPWC and ended up receiving a call from my service center. They said, we heard you had a charging issue. I definitely appreciated the call but explained I was just looking for input from the forum members as to their experience. Learned a lot and ended up not charging at 80 AMPs for normal daily use.

Anyhow, the fact they monitor and reach out to help is just incredible. My post wasn't a complaint just a question and they took the time to check in with me.

I just had the car in for a slight imperfection in the paint we noticed at delivery. They had to order a part and scheduled the appointment once it was in. I was about to leave my office yesterday afternoon to pick up the completed car when the Service Center called. I was told during their final inspection they noticed someone scratched my window tint while the car was in their care and asked if they could keep it an additional day to fix it. I was literally floored, they proactively found the problem and fixed it for me.

My experience to date is that TESLA Employees are special, they are proud of where they work and of what they do.