Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW EAP Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had no choice but to say End as I needed my screen for the drive. It had to reboot so it seemed like something really was activated with AP?

I want to hold off trial for a year or two, timing it with hopefully another discount.

After all that I scraped my front bumper on a low drive way. Haha.

They should have something saying "not now." But I think they're doing it on purpose. They don't want you to save the trial for your planned "big trip."

The front bumper thing sucks. Last week I got curb rash just because I was in a rush and did a quick stop at a McDonalds. That's going to be a pricey hamburger.

All right, I did not get an EAP trial. I bought it outright for our Model 3, and it works just like I thought it would, and I enjoy it. So there's your trial, but it goes on past 14 days (been much longer than that now). I guess you have to figure if it's right for you, but I already knew it's right for me so I bought it.

Got my car 8 days ago. It was way behind on firmware updates when I got it and I haven't received any since then (I don't even have the dash cam). I really want to get this trial for a Thanksgiving trip I have planned but is that even realistic if I'm several updates behind at present?

Got my car 8 days ago. It was way behind on firmware updates when I got it and I haven't received any since then (I don't even have the dash cam). I really want to get this trial for a Thanksgiving trip I have planned but is that even realistic if I'm several updates behind at present?
If you are not on version 9 yet you may have a stuck download/update. You'll need to call service. Here is the TeslaFi fleet firmware versions:
upload_2018-11-6_9-8-38.png

is your car connected to wifi?

• Informative
Reactions: alseTrick
They should have something saying "not now." But I think they're doing it on purpose. They don't want you to save the trial for your planned "big trip."

The front bumper thing sucks. Last week I got curb rash just because I was in a rush and did a quick stop at a McDonalds. That's going to be a pricey hamburger.

I think they should go old school trial floppy disks like AOL.

• Funny
Reactions: chracatoa
I was just told by email that I would not be getting the trial. Nor could I get the pricing. They will only sell me EAP at $7,000. I asked that it be escalated to someone that could sell me EAP at $5,500 but I assume it will just get lost in the shuffle.

Sad day. I was willing to give them money.

• Informative
Reactions: geometro
I was just told by email that I would not be getting the trial. Nor could I get the pricing. They will only sell me EAP at $7,000. I asked that it be escalated to someone that could sell me EAP at $5,500 but I assume it will just get lost in the shuffle.

Sad day. I was willing to give them money.

I'm still waiting for the reply to the email that I sent. Who did you send yours to? I submitted it through the Support section when managing my car on the Teslamotors website.

Well on the bright side, if I get the same response, it will make the decision much easier and I will have $6k more money in the bank.

Reactions: geometro
I'm still waiting for the reply to the email that I sent. Who did you send yours to? I submitted it through the Support section when managing my car on the Teslamotors website.

Well on the bright side, if I get the same response, it will make the decision much easier and I will have $6k more money in the bank.

I did the same. They just sent me a link to the Autopilot Trial page. When I replied to that about the pricing and having taken the 14 day trial in early September, the same person replied that I was out of luck for the trial or the pricing. Still no reply on requesting it be escalated.

I did end up calling HQ sales who told me I would be able to take part in the trial. I brought up the language on the web page and they acted like they had no idea that was there. They then sent me to service who said they didn't know if I would get the trial and could not help me with price. They said they would check into it further and call me back. I'm not expecting a call.

At this point, I'm about sick of dealing with it. If they're going to offer a deal, it should be for everyone.

I did the same. They just sent me a link to the Autopilot Trial page. When I replied to that about the pricing and having taken the 14 day trial in early September, the same person replied that I was out of luck for the trial or the pricing. Still no reply on requesting it be escalated.

I did end up calling HQ sales who told me I would be able to take part in the trial. I brought up the language on the web page and they acted like they had no idea that was there. They then sent me to service who said they didn't know if I would get the trial and could not help me with price. They said they would check into it further and call me back. I'm not expecting a call.

At this point, I'm about sick of dealing with it. If they're going to offer a deal, it should be for everyone.

You had from the time you picked up your car all the way until last week to buy it at the lower price. It isn't Tesla's fault that you didn't take advantage of it during that time.

42.3, 30 days, noticed "summon" appearing in the app this morning before i even had a chance to accept/start the trial on-screen.

Summon clearly terrifies me, especially when backing into the garage. Besides, it doesn't back into position that leaves most space between cars, so it is not terribly useful even if I got used to it.

Autosteer is clearly whacky on highways. I thought it would keep the lane much better than it did. It probably works better on freeway. Haven't tried NoA yet, but it's there.

Most of all, i wish there were an adjustment for how aggressively it applies breaks (or, rather, how early it starts to ease on the approach to a stop.). I usually do it much sooner that the EAP does. EAP kind of doesn't give any indication it actually sees a traffic stop situation until the very last moment necessary. I am sure my wife specifically will not like this, since we have a similar traffic aware stop on another car, and it similarly doesn't ease on the gas until the very last moment necessary, and she does not care for it one bit.

Last edited: