Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW EAP Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started my 30 day trial on 11/7 morning , but by 11/8 morning, EAP function is gone.
During trial , the order tab on screen was blank out, was hoping I can get $5500 deal.

Same experience here, except my trial screen said 14 days... though clicking into it, it did say 30 but like you, the order screen was blank. Report it to Tesla. Maybe if enough of us complain they will actually look into it.

I've called 2 times, each time I got a different response. Which is frustrating to say the least.

My turn to call Tesla today.. I did have the 14 day trial a few months ago and did not purchase. This time the Tesla Agent said I did not qualify since I already had my trial. I still wanted my case escalated b/c I received an email from my Sales person said I did qualify. They escalated my case with the email as a caveat. I am not hopeful on getting this trial. It is unfair to others that did not get this offer, if I received the offer and turned it down that would be on me. I hope Tesla steps up and makes this right.

Reactions: radiocycle
My turn to call Tesla today.. I did have the 14 day trial a few months ago and did not purchase. This time the Tesla Agent said I did not qualify since I already had my trial. I still wanted my case escalated b/c I received an email from my Sales person said I did qualify. They escalated my case with the email as a caveat. I am not hopeful on getting this trial. It is unfair to others that did not get this offer, if I received the offer and turned it down that would be on me. I hope Tesla steps up and makes this right.
So you already had your trial for 14 days, then you had until September 30 or so with the $5,500 promo price but you didn’t bite. Now there’s another trial going with the same $5,500 price and you want to bite? I don’t know what’s “fair” and “right” mean anymore.

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
That sucks. I was also told I would still get the new autopilot trial over the phone even though I explicity told them I already did the 14 day trial. Too bad I didn’t get it in writing like you. Best of luck. I wish they had done another 14 day trial for those who did the first 14 day since others are getting a whole month. Drive on Nav probably would have pushed me over the fence or maybe a warning about the price increase. Feels like whoever is handling this EAP marketing strategy is just shooting from the hip. I’ll report back when I get Tesla on the phone. Wait time is an hour right now.

That sucks. I was also told I would still get the new autopilot trial over the phone even though I explicity told them I already did the 14 day trial. Too bad I didn’t get it in writing like you. Best of luck. I wish they had done another 14 day trial for those who did the first 14 day since others are getting a whole month. Drive on Nav probably would have pushed me over the fence or maybe a warning about the price increase. Feels like whoever is handling this EAP marketing strategy is just shooting from the hip. I’ll report back when I get Tesla on the phone. Wait time is an hour right now.
Just got off the phone with Tesla. The guy said I should still be getting this round of trials and that they just been having problems with the rollout so a lot of people haven’t received it yet. It’s just a waiting game at this point. Not sure what to believe anymore...

Reactions: radiocycle
Just got off the phone with Tesla. The guy said I should still be getting this round of trials and that they just been having problems with the rollout so a lot of people haven’t received it yet. It’s just a waiting game at this point. Not sure what to believe anymore...

I hope your SC rep is right and mine wrong..LOL. He said if I am approved, I will get the trial in 2 weeks. Heck I don't want the trial just let me buy it at the discounted rate. If you don't buy a pair shoes on sale one week and find the same pair of shoes on sail a month later, that store wouldn't block you form buying those shoes at the sale price b/c you didn't buy it on sale the first time.

Keeping fingers crossed for all of us.

Oddly enough on 11/9 I had a pop up on my screen saying it was downloading the EAP trial software and that I needed to wait a few minutes. I needed to leave for work so I wasn't able to wait... now I'm hoping I didnt screw something up because I have not got the trial back after just 1 short day of use.

Should I call the tesla main number or my local service center?

Oddly enough on 11/9 I had a pop up on my screen saying it was downloading the EAP trial software and that I needed to wait a few minutes. I needed to leave for work so I wasn't able to wait... now I'm hoping I didnt screw something up because I have not got the trial back after just 1 short day of use.

Should I call the tesla main number or my local service center?
Exactly in the same boat. One day trial then it disappeared. This morning I had the downloading software message. 15 mins later it was still there. Rebooted the screen and left. We’ll see if it comes back

I called Tesla yesterday to try talking them into giving me the EAP trial. They weren't going for it. How am I supposed to make a qualified buying decision if my only trial was on version 8 software? Don't cheap out on me, Tesla, give me a reason to BUY!!!

Reactions: mmccking
I called Tesla yesterday to try talking them into giving me the EAP trial. They weren't going for it. How am I supposed to make a qualified buying decision if my only trial was on version 8 software? Don't cheap out on me, Tesla, give me a reason to BUY!!!

Not sure if it will help but point them to Elon’s tweet.

Attachments

• 27092172-0A0F-419A-90D1-BF2ABE2B5068.png
    27092172-0A0F-419A-90D1-BF2ABE2B5068.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: DLGhost562
I just called Tesla again this evening, pointing out the tweet. They said they couldn't do anything and weren't sure if I'd get it or not. They rehashed the earlier line about "if you had the previous trial you don't get this one".

So we'll see.

Exactly in the same boat. One day trial then it disappeared. This morning I had the downloading software message. 15 mins later it was still there. Rebooted the screen and left. We’ll see if it comes back

I have been getting the screen every morning since. Tesla rep said:

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Tesla. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with the Autopilot trial. We currently have our Vehicle Support teams investigating this remotely for you and are hoping to have an update available for us this coming week.
Considering I am still having issues with my free supercharging and was told it would be resolved weeks ago... I'm not holding my breath. I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with this lame support.

Tried EAP for the first time yesterday. Glad I didn't order it when I bought the car. My main reason for getting a Model 3 was because I like driving; autopilot is boring. Also it doesn't work on many of the back roads I regularly travel. If I had a long highway commute each day, I can see how it would be useful, but it's not for me. I'll upgrade to FSD when I reach 85 years old and they take my license away.