Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW EAP Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the sales team escalating it over the phone. I also sent in an email through my Tesla page that has been escalated. I plan on following up on both soon.

It's difficult because I don't have a lot of time to wait on the phone. Email seems easily ignored. We'll see.

Why does Tesla want to be so strict about giving a V9 trial if you had a v8 trial? You'd think they would want to show us their best so we would be more inclined to GIVE THEM MONEY!!!!

How am I supposed to give Tesla MORE MONEY if I don't how much of an improvement v9 is? That's not good salesmanship. It doesn't cost them anything to let us get hooked on it for a month.

Why does Tesla want to be so strict about giving a V9 trial if you had a v8 trial? You'd think they would want to show us their best so we would be more inclined to GIVE THEM MONEY!!!!

How am I supposed to give Tesla MORE MONEY if I don't how much of an improvement v9 is? That's not good salesmanship. It doesn't cost them anything to let us get hooked on it for a month.

It would make a lot of sense to give out shorter trials (if you have already done a trial on an older version) when significant changes or improvements have been rolled out.

Well I made post #3 in this thread, about 11 days ago. That's when I sent a message to Tesla asking if I could get the current discounted price for EAP, even though I had the earlier trial and did not purchase then. I finally just got a response, though an ambiguous one. They said "Please give us a call at 1-877-79-TESLA in order to purchase this, you can also do it at your local service center." So they didn't explicitly say that I can get the discount. I'm going to hit up the service center this weekend and see what happens.

Well I made post #3 in this thread, about 11 days ago. That's when I sent a message to Tesla asking if I could get the current discounted price for EAP, even though I had the earlier trial and did not purchase then. I finally just got a response, though an ambiguous one. They said "Please give us a call at 1-877-79-TESLA in order to purchase this, you can also do it at your local service center." So they didn't explicitly say that I can get the discount. I'm going to hit up the service center this weekend and see what happens.

Docbrown, I'm in Austin too and am in the same situation as you. The service tech originally told me that if they push the latest firmware to me, the trial should kick in again, but so far I havn't seen the new trial or any change in pricing.

Let me know how the visit to the service center goes please.

I got the same at first. When I called, before the tweet, they had no ideal the price even went up and could not help. I was told they CAN NOT edit price. I finally got an email back after I was able to escalate. I told them I would not be calling and they need to give me an answer. In my mind, it's easier to prove they said something over email. I finally got a reply after I sent the Elon tweet.

"It seems it is possible indeed and I am currently working on your request with our engineering team.
I will get back to you as soon as possible."

That was today. We'll see how long it takes. Car and Web both still say 7K and no second trial yet. I think they are talking about pushing the new trial, not just editing the price. At this point I don't care witch as the trial comes with the price.

I'll keep everyone posted.

I made the same 'mistake' in not buying then as well. Please report back and good luck!
radio

Last edited:

Keep us posted Doc. Keeping fingers crossed.

• Love
Reactions: Justin30624700
I've never gotten the trial but I noticed I have summon in my app and the Autopilot in my menu with all the options from day one. They don't do anything and the summon option in the says disabled when I click on it.

Anyone else had this on their car and are also not getting the trial?

I got the 30 Day trial on 11/13 and there was some issue with how screen displays the " Order now " tab.
Long story short, I purchase EAP from the trial on the vehicle for $7000 + TAX.
Talked to Tesla support and was able to get the refund back to my credit card, so my final cost for EAP purchased from trial is now $5500 + TAX.

I got the 30 Day trial on 11/13 and there was some issue with how screen displays the " Order now " tab.
Long story short, I purchase EAP from the trial on the vehicle for $7000 + TAX.
Talked to Tesla support and was able to get the refund back to my credit card, so my final cost for EAP purchased from trial is now $5500 + TAX.
Was the refund of the difference immediate? Did you wait on the line for xx hours to be helped?