Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW EAP Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I chatted with CS again on Thur night to check on the V9 trial request (I did the V8 trial in Aug). He said it has been approved and my acct is reset recently so I might get the trial on Monday. Very helpful CS. It was the same CS I chatted with the week before. Really hope to get it Monday to check out EAP on the upcoming road trip. I will buy EAP after the trial @ $5500.

Reactions: mmccking
I chatted with CS again on Thur night to check on the V9 trial request (I did the V8 trial in Aug). He said it has been approved and my acct is reset recently so I might get the trial on Monday. Very helpful CS. It was the same CS I chatted with the week before. Really hope to get it Monday to check out EAP on the upcoming road trip. I will buy EAP after the trial @ $5500.

Yeah, just got done chatting with CS too, and was told that she would talk to the team to get the trial reset. She will email with info. I just hope it comes back with the $5K price!! Fingers crossed....

As a newbie I have to admit I like EAP more than I thought I would even for my wimpy little ~20 minute commute. Didn’t buy at delivery, but probably will at the end of my trial. My credit card cash back will cover some of the penalty for not buying in advance.

I’ve found that EAP is nice when I need to let my mind wander a bit. Allows me relax just enough to think about random things I am working on, or alternatively to think about as little as possible. If I need a little trip to the 4 wheel therapist I simply give EAP the morning or evening off and mash the go fast pedal into the floor.

I’m so looking forward to FSD though, the sooner the better. That one I can’t justify yet since I think we are still a minimum of 5+ years away due to (at minimum) regulatory issues.

Chatted with CS again this morning. BTW, looks like chat line opens @ 8am PST. I tried before 8am and no chat icon. Tried again at 8:07am and the icon is there (using the laptop). Anyway, CS told me the trial was reset and sent to my car over the weekend but I didn't get it so she escalated to the Diagnostic team. Waiting for her to email me back with the good news.

So if folks want to get the 30 day EAP trial re-enable, just keep contact CS. Don't wait!

I did the 14 day trial in Aug.

Chatted with CS again this morning. BTW, looks like chat line opens @ 8am PST. I tried before 8am and no chat icon. Tried again at 8:07am and the icon is there (using the laptop). Anyway, CS told me the trial was reset and sent to my car over the weekend but I didn't get it so she escalated to the Diagnostic team. Waiting for her to email me back with the good news.

So if folks want to get the 30 day EAP trial re-enable, just keep contact CS. Don't wait!

I did the 14 day trial in Aug.
Where do you go for the chat? I can't seem to find it.

Where do you go for the chat? I can't seem to find it.

I get the chat icon in the lower right hand corner when I visit this page Tesla Support. I'm in Cali and the chat icon only appears during business hours (~8am-9pm PST).

I did finally got the 30 day trial reset. I used it on the round trip from N.Cal to S.Cal this past weekend. It worked great. There were a couple of times I have to take over but they were mostly I wasn't comfortable that EAP could handle the situation. This is my first time using EAP on a long trip. I will definitely purchase it for $5500 after the trial.

Reactions: radiocycle
just purchased.. thank you to this thread and forum for the help at getting the trial back at the POST delivery discount price.

Attachments

• ap.JPG
    ap.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 96
Guess the 30 day starts when support pushes out to car and not when it actually pops up on your screen.

Trial ended 2.days before I was expecting it to. Any ways I purchased.

Reminder you have 7 days after trial to buy at 5500 discount.

Weird, I had the first round of AP trials, and it worked for less than a day before mysteriously disappearing. Then for about a month I had a message blocking most the screen saying the AP trial software was updating. They finally fixed that bug, but said they were no longer offering AP trials. Never got an invite since. I think they've decided AP is not for me.

Can I still jump on this trial? Got my car on Jan 3rd.

@Steve - if you just got the car then they will send you an email for the 30 day trial.

My 30 day trial is almost over (5 days left). EAP ver9 was good on our trip from Sacto-LA and Sacto-Monterey. My wife doesn't even know that EAP was on. I'm getting it after the trial for $5500. There was a few times in LA that we got cut-off and EAP break very hard which freaked her out. But for most of the time Nav on Autopilot worked!

@Steve - if you just got the car then they will send you an email for the 30 day trial.

My 30 day trial is almost over (5 days left). EAP ver9 was good on our trip from Sacto-LA and Sacto-Monterey. My wife doesn't even know that EAP was on. I'm getting it after the trial for $5500. There was a few times in LA that we got cut-off and EAP break very hard which freaked her out. But for most of the time Nav on Autopilot worked!

Very cool. I will likely sign up after the trial if it goes well.

Are trials offered for every new EAP version or just once to buyers? I just completed my 30 day trial (bought the car on new years eve) and still on the fence...

And if they have been offered for each version then has the price been 5500 for each offering?

I can't imagine them not offering more trials when they push out new major builds, and offering the discount again.

Your car already has the equipment so it is pure profit if they hook you. I didn't buy at purchase because I really wanted to try it out first, so I was willing to take the small hit of $500 (plus the higher post-purchase tax rate).

Of course now I know, so my Tesla.next will have EAP on day 1. Now if I only had a crystal ball about FSD....

Are trials offered for every new EAP version or just once to buyers? I just completed my 30 day trial (bought the car on new years eve) and still on the fence...

And if they have been offered for each version then has the price been 5500 for each offering?

When Tesla posted info about this latest one it said you would not get it if you already have AP or did a past trial. Someone tweeted Elon and he said they would enable for all. I don't know that ever happened. I, and others, had to fight with support / service to get the second one pushed. If you like it, and want the lower price, I would get it now. Even if they do more trials, we don't know if the price will go up.