Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Fobs passive entry, old one gets update? [No, not possible]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So there appears to be no way to disable passive entry on the 3.
C7FDF0F4-A79B-4D97-BEC1-C2A3A62DB19C.jpeg Not sure why this is upside down. New fob has bigger sticker on bottom.

Attachments

• 3F71E8F2-4EDD-4A87-8F44-A4D45E8047EE.jpeg
    3F71E8F2-4EDD-4A87-8F44-A4D45E8047EE.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 48
  • Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
right, but you were commenting on a post about the toyota fobs being $250 (although they give you two with the car) by pointing out that the cards are given to you with the car. that's comparing apples to oranges, since the toyota fob allows passive entry but the cards certainly do not.

My 2010 Highlander toyota fobs are $250+ for an old click button (no passive etc) for just reprogramming @ dealer !

At that price I might just get an aftermarket alarm/remote starter installed

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
What is the point to this? I just don’t get it. Use the Phone. I’ve never had an issue with mine. WE GOT RID OF CAR KEYS....which I LOATHED. Now you want to put a bulky key fob in your pocket? On top of your phone? Don’t understand. And at what $150?
Different strokes for different folks. I like my phone and my "car managing device" separate, and the card experience is abysmal. Also, my phone is routinely low on battery (user error sometimes) whereas my fob never is.

Can you confirm if basic Summon works like the Model S and X key fob? (Press and hold center button on fob until hazards start flashing, then press either frunk or trunk button for forwards or backwards summons respectively).
This worked and works with the v1 fob. FYI. If they break it in v2, they've really lost their minds.

• Funny
Reactions: bijan