Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@GeoX750, thanks. I have now updated the image in my previous message while I can still edit it. Do you know which of these options will apply to you in terms of what you see on mytesla and what you will see on the touchscreen:
  • Option 1: You will keep Enhanced Autopilot and the $3,000 buys you the features shown in D in the diagram.
  • Option 2: They will move you from EAP to just AP and the $3,000 buys you the features shown in B in the diagram.

@Flyguy, can you confirm that they are now moving you over to the new just-Autopilot option instead of the Enhanced Autopilot option. Also, what was the price before and when did it change?

Yes, I know. The ultrasonic sensors are useless for curbs right now. The car doesn't seem to recognize curbs because they are low and close to the wheels and are terrible at parallel parking and detecting curbs in general. Parallel parking works better with lines because the cameras are better using drawn lines than the ultrasonic sensors which don't work well for curbs. I don't expect that to change with FSD.

My car seems to recognize curbs and doesn't not seem to need lines to park either. I only have EAP.

E4555A56-FC16-48C3-AD17-F3499394C8B7.png
[USER=64192 said:
@Flyguy[/USER], can you confirm that they are now moving you over to the new just-Autopilot option instead of the Enhanced Autopilot option. Also, what was the price before and when did it change?

The price before for EAP was 7k, recently up from 6k.

I’ll have to read the blog you just posted to fully understand what I can get now for 4K. As you can see it does not mention TACC, etc

Could you also add Dashcam and Sentry to that diagram, so we can keep track of who gets what and how?

I'm trying to complete this diagram. It would help if people can mention the following details:

• Whether you have taken delivery and if yes whether it was in 2019 or before
  • Do you have a Model S/X or Model 3?
  • EU or US
  • It would help to hear from people who don't have EAP. What prices do they see? Do they see the new AP/FSD options or old EAP/FSD options?

9sZGAxm.gif

What's missing in this is how this affects HW 2.0 and HW 2.5 customers? Since no differentiation is made, are we to assume this is the same policy for both HW 2.0 and 2.5 customers and if they have purchased FSD, they will both get the HW 3.0 upgrade?

Yes, both are to get the HW3 retrofit on purchasing FSD, though in the case of HW2 it may be complicated by the fact their cameras & radar are different, and redundant wiring is missing. It is presently unknown if those components will be upgraded to HW2.5 spec at the same time as the retrofit, but it appears most probably not as that would entail a major rework and Musk has only mentioned the drop-in computer unit being replaced. How significantly that would then affect performance under FSD is anyone's guess, but ease of software maintenance is proportional to the number of hardware variants supported.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
However, I think you are asking about my chart because it shows 'Auto Lane Change Without Confirmation' under FSD and not EAP even though Tesla's blog post says this feature will be available in future versions of Navigate on Autopilot which was part of Enhanced Autopilot at the time. I decided to do it this way because Elon has now separated Navigate on Autopilot into two parts: City and Highway. The city version is part of FSD while the highway version will be available to EAP users. To me, it looks like the city version of Navigate on Autopilot will need AP3.0 hardware. Therefore I guess 'Auto Lane Change Without Confirmation' will also require AP3.0. However, I could be wrong.

Thanks for your input. I guess we'll have to wait & see. My car just lost a lot on residual value in 24hours, so buying the FSD for a faire price could be a way to save a bit in the end, *if* this indeed includes a HW3 retrofit.

Auto lane change without driver input is part of NOA which is still part of EAP for current owners. So Tesla has kept their promise on this.

Well, we still have to see NoA here in Europe. On the US side, do you already have a ALC without driver input?

FSD upgrade for EAP owners is only $3000 now. Yes! I am very happy!

According to latest tweets, this price should go down as low as $2000 in the upcoming days.

This is how Elon throws a bone to the FSD purchasers. He now gives them some features that basic AP doesn't have.
So even without any of the original FSD features, people can still feel better about getting something for their FSD purchase.

Before, the FSD purchasers got exactly nothing.

Well, Tesla never should have sold FSD in the first place when they had nothing to show for it. Tesla is just doing things right this time.

From Tesla's official announcement:
"Customers who previously purchased Full Self-Driving will receive an invitation to Tesla’s Early Access Program (EAP). EAP members are invited to experience and provide feedback on new features and functionality before they are rolled out to other customers."
Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

So folks who pre-paid for FSD will be part of the early access program.

My car seems to recognize curbs and doesn't not seem to need lines to park either. I only have EAP.
My car, with AP1, does this just fine too (it does seem to do a better job of centering itself in marked spaces if it can see the lines. But it will park just fine when the rear camera is so dirty as to be unusable.

Only problem really with autopark on my car is that about 1 in 10 times it parks too far from the curb (even in good weather with a clean sidewalk and roadway) leaving me eligible for a parking ticket.

Now, about that "EAP" Smart Summon feature I was promised in the marketing materials before I bought AP1...

Reactions: KyleDay
Here is the new version of the chart I posted earlier. However, I'm still trying to clarify two details:
  • If you took delivery of a Model 3 with the $5,000 EAP option, you can add FSD for $3,000. Is the same correct for Model S and X?
  • EU buyers who have not taken delivery yet are reporting text messages confirming they will receive FSD for free. Does the same apply to US buyers?

ykJSg7q.gif
As far as I know, EAP will inherit Auto Lane Change without confirmation when it comes out. I don't think there will be one ALC with confirmation and one without.