Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW GMC EV SIERRA TRUCK> looks better then lightning but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meomyo

Nov 30, 2017
colorado

but...100k?? and whats with the tesla like screen.

b9ca97d682c8c72243e3e84785e4acb1

but...100k??

Range costs a lot of money.

$51,974 F-150 does not include long-range or highway/parking assist. If you need those, the F-150 starts at $96,8741 but still with about 300 miles.

So the $107,000 Sierra is not bad because it goes 400 miles with highway/parking assist, 14" Head-Up Display included.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJD
whats with the tesla like screen.
Nowadays, Tesla screen is horizontal, not vertical.

It looks more like F-150 screen with a physical wheel at the bottom. It has additional physical at the bottom too.

Unlike Tesla, the Sierra screens are User Configurable Interface.

Unlike Tesla, the Sierra lets you can add apps from Google Play in addition to the existing built-in apps.

Last edited:
400 lbs less payload capacity than the ICE version. Hopefully the Truck won't use the same taillights as the Hummer that cost over 3,000 dollars each to replace if you damage them.
The first ev version is "light duty." Later version will be "heavy duty."

The high cost Hummer parts excuse is because it's a very low volume production.

If the Sierra ev will be bought by many labor workers and lay consumers, hopefully the parts replacement price will not be expensive.

Reactions: P3dStealth
Reactions: DblOSmith
Beds and tailgates get beat up on work trucks. Since the GMC EV truck does not have a separate bed you can easily replace repairing that bed could be very costly. I don't see many GMC work trucks anyway. The majority I see are Fords and Rams.
Don't most trucks come with liners for the bed? I am not a truck guy but a lot of my neighbors are, and they all seem to have a liner for bed and tailgate. I assumed they either install them at the factory or dealer.

The interior picture @meomyo embedded is from a Ford F-150 Lightning. However the linked article has correct photos of the GMC Sierra EV. At least it does now, did it have wrong photos earlier?

The portrait center screens with physical knob are very similar between the trucks, but otherwise their interiors are styled quite differently.

Beds and tailgates get beat up on work trucks. Since the GMC EV truck does not have a separate bed you can easily replace repairing that bed could be very costly. I don't see many GMC work trucks anyway. The majority I see are Fords and Rams.
The average construction worker will not be able to afford an electric pickup. They're too expensive. This is the exact reason you see so many Fords and Rams. They are CHEAP, and therefore affordable. If Tesla put out a Cybertruck for $15K, they'd sell a ton, not because they're electric, but because they don't cost a bunch. That's the problem, though. Batteries are expensive.

yes...the average person wont drop 100k on an ev truck they will be using to haul stones and dirt and whatnot..It will get dented and scratched.Even now i see alot of NON ev trucks way too clean to be used for hauling stuff and construction in my area.They are always shiney and tricked out and pristine....they never go off road or haul stuff. and many are lifted....i mean why drive it then?