Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New guy-finally pulled the trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered an M3LR, red with black interior, on Tuesday, July 18. My son bought his 3 in 2019, fantastic car and I’ve been thinking about getting one ever since. Gotta say, this forum is fabulous. Lots of useful info and advice.
Now the wait begins! 😀. What seems to be the average wait time currently to get a VIN assigned? Looking forward to learning more. Cheers!

My Model 3 came within one day of the ETA sent by Tesla. Make sure you register with Tesla and get the app on your mobile phone, that will be handy for when you take delivery. You’ll love the technology and driving experience!
All registered and I have the App on my phone and iPad. Now if I could only stop checking the App a bazillion times a day to see if my VIN has been assigned…😄

just wondering, do you need the car right away?

I assumed that you are aware that new redesigned Model 3 is about to hit the market pretty soon.
Yes, thanks. I visited my local Tesla dealer service center, and they had no clue when the redesign would start coming out. And typically most manufacturers of anything seem to end up having new problems with redesigns. I assume Tesla will be no different? Cheers!

Yes, thanks. I visited my local Tesla dealer service center, and they had no clue when the redesign would start coming out. And typically most manufacturers of anything seem to end up having new problems with redesigns. I assume Tesla will be no different? Cheers!

Based on the FSD transfer limit. I'd say October.

That said, I got a 2023 M3 a few months ago. I'd rather have the last year of a prior model than the first year of a new one

Also, I heard rumors of removing the stalks... :p

Woohoo, got my VIN tonight, one week after ordering. Can anyone advise if that indicates the my 3 is now being built? Is there currently an average number of days from receiving the VIN to delivery in southwest Florida? So many questions!! 😃
I think it was about 2 weeks after I got my VIN before my car showed up in Florida.

Congrats on the M3 LR. It is a great car and a blast to drive. Not sure if the newest ones you can still get acceleration boost, but if you can, set aside the $2k for it now. If you like acceleration, it is worth every penny of it. Best money I spent on my LR. The next is the MPP coil overs to improve the suspension.

Enjoy your new car!

Doubtful that it's anything you could consider to be a true full redesign. Suspension, drivetrain, most of the electronics except for an upgraded computer, most of the body, all the same. Possible Giga castings but this is now pretty established tech. So more than a cosmetic makeover but far less than a full redesign. Battery pack details are still a bit murky but I suspect it will be again established technology. While I wouldn't want one of the very first off the assembly line it's unlikely Tesla will lay an egg on this.

Based on the FSD transfer limit. I'd say October.

That said, I got a 2023 M3 a few months ago. I'd rather have the last year of a prior model than the first year of a new one

Also, I heard rumors of removing the stalks... :p

Same on the stalks. My lease ends next month and I may pull the trigger and get a last model 2023 Model 3. I know Tesla has been trying to cut production costs so I expect there will be even more "downgrades" with the new model. They'll wow everyone with new headlights and tail lights but I really want the stalks. I don't want to be shifting gears by swiping on the touch screen either.

Same on the stalks. My lease ends next month and I may pull the trigger and get a last model 2023 Model 3. I know Tesla has been trying to cut production costs so I expect there will be even more "downgrades" with the new model. They'll wow everyone with new headlights and tail lights but I really want the stalks. I don't want to be shifting gears by swiping on the touch screen either.
Tesla went optional with yoke vs round wheel in the S/X but never re-introduced stalks. I suppose they didn't want to re-engineer the steering column.

But they might just have to if they go the same way with the 3/Y, as it is more of a "general public" car than "Tesla enthusiast" car.

So I received my 3 yesterday, very slick delivery experience. I have two items that need to be addressed, I have an appointment tomorrow at the Fort Myers service center. My 3 has a slight pulling to the right, and I have a blemish in the frunk hood paint that appears to be under the clear coat. Hoping for the best!!😃

Reactions: father_of_6
So I received my 3 yesterday, very slick delivery experience. I have two items that need to be addressed, I have an appointment tomorrow at the Fort Myers service center. My 3 has a slight pulling to the right, and I have a blemish in the frunk hood paint that appears to be under the clear coat. Hoping for the best!!😃
Congrats on the new car. The pulling shouldn't be an issue (hopefully). As for the frunk paint, often Tesla tries to fix it and they'll make it worse.

I use the rule of thumb "if my friends don't notice it, I'm not going to fix it." I've seen things spiral horribly wrong when Tesla starts to repaint. See what their course of action is for remediating the paint issue before you let them touch it.

Reactions: Ed Curry
Mine pulled to the right too, needed an alignment, but its been great since

• Informative
Reactions: DocHolliday
Mine pulled to the right too, needed an alignment, but its been great since
Very interesting. I took mine in today and the SA said they’ve had several in the last two weeks that needed alignment straight from the factory. 1.5 hours later I left as a happy boy!! They also buffed out a paint blemish on the frunk hood. Very impressed with Tesla Fort Myers. No panel gaps, everything else looks perfect.

Reactions: father_of_6