Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hansshow Android 10.25 inch instrument cluster/display install and review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After spending another hour or 2 yesterday, I finally got things working. I didn't think my phone was paired, but because the system seems to use the initial BT connection to establish a wi-fi connection with the phone, the BT then disconnects. I should have realized the phone was connected OK since the Apple Carplay icons were showing up on the screen. Then I checked if the car was still connected via BT and found that it had dropped. So after re-pairing the car with the Hansshow I finally got my audio working through the car speakers. I find the display a little too bright for my taste, and for some reason they have eliminated a brightness adjustment in the setup menus. You can only dim it with the Tesla center display control. Even at minimum setting I find the Hansshow a little to bright (and the center display a little too dim).
I also wish there was an additional (4th) choice of displays that replaces the silly positive and negative horsepower. This seems gimmicky to me and is of no particular value. I'd much rather see my avg trip power consumption (wh/mi), ideally compared to the historical average consumption.
There are still some quirks. I set the full screen display to show temp in F, but the reduced display when showing carplay shows temp in C. I also noticed last night that the Hansshow only shows mph (or as they show: mp/h) even when I'm in Canada where posted speeds are kph. So the speed limit is displayed in kph and the actual speed is mph. Tesla handles this conversion properly on the center display by converting posted kph speed limit to equivalent mph.
I like that I can do so much with the right steering wheel scroll wheel (when not using cruise control or lane keep assist). Looking forward to the delivery of a yoke to improve visibility of the Hansshow screen, although it isn't too bad with the factory wheel.
Have you managed to get audio coming through the car for phone calls? Music is okay but I’m still struggling with phone calls though CarPlay. My phone is connected to the Hansshow screen with the WiFi / CarPlay connection (as you said the BT connects and then drops when CarPlay connects on Wi-Fi) and my Tesla screen is connected on BT to the Hansshow screen for the music audio.

Attachments

• DF449F78-09E7-4F35-B2C0-E5C128FFE8CF.jpeg
    DF449F78-09E7-4F35-B2C0-E5C128FFE8CF.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 3D9A9E98-E09B-49AF-8DC1-66B8CB00FE2D.jpeg
    3D9A9E98-E09B-49AF-8DC1-66B8CB00FE2D.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 119
Have you managed to get audio coming through the car for phone calls? Music is okay but I’m still struggling with phone calls though CarPlay. My phone is connected to the Hansshow screen with the WiFi / CarPlay connection (as you said the BT connects and then drops when CarPlay connects on Wi-Fi) and my Tesla screen is connected on BT to the Hansshow screen for the music audio.
No luck yet, but haven't spent much time recently in trouble shooting.

After about 1 month, the front camera stopped working.
Checked camera and wire, everything looked fine. Contacted Hansshow on Whatsapp no response after 3 days (message was read), sent an email to support. Now waiting for their response.

Also, I remember I saw one of Hansshow's youtube mentioned that AA will reconnect next time, this is not true. I confirmed with Hansshow, for AA we need to reconnect.

BTW, in CES 2023, Google announced that AA Coolwalk should be available to everyone starting today, I have not received update yet, will report if Coolwalk works or not.

1672960493018.jpeg

The camera housing will pop apart, with the front part dangling by the wires... I had this happen on a rear-view mirror camera, it popped apart and was destroyed by moisture, but the company replaced it for free. Hansshow uses the same type of camera, so I checked mine and it was half popped apart, so I snapped it back together and RTV'ed the seam... I did the same to the new replacement camera I got to replace the one from my rear-view mirror before I installed it.

Keith

No luck yet, but haven't spent much time recently in trouble shooting.
Just spent some time on this again today, and still no luck. I can't hear anything when either initiating or answering calls. In fact, I can't use my phone for calls without fully exiting the car. I even tried unpairing the BT connection between car and Hansshow and pairing my phone directly with the car, but that didn't work either. Any suggestions would be welcome, as currently I can't use my phone in the car for phone calls, and can only use if for the other Carplay functions.

Another update: I thought I found a solution to the phone problem today. I did a re-set with the Tesla display, then I paired the phone to the Tesla, which unpaired the Hansshow unit from the Tesla, and voila, I could hear everything from CarPlay through the speakers (phone, podcasts, music etc)! Then I exited the car and re-entered. The Hansshow came up with the message to pair it to the Tesla, but I ignored it. But when I tried to use the phone, there was no sound again. But there was sound for the other CarPlay apps. So I paired the Hansshow to the car, but was unable to hear the phone. Then I paired the phone to the car and everything worked again. So it seems if you want to use the phone, you need to initially pair the Hansshow to the car, and then pair the phone to the car (which disconnects the Hansshow) - every time you re-enter the car. I really hope they fix this bug so this pairing process isn't needed.

The camera housing will pop apart, with the front part dangling by the wires... I had this happen on a rear-view mirror camera, it popped apart and was destroyed by moisture, but the company replaced it for free. Hansshow uses the same type of camera, so I checked mine and it was half popped apart, so I snapped it back together and RTV'ed the seam... I did the same to the new replacement camera I got to replace the one from my rear-view mirror before I installed it.

Keith
Thanks, I will check it out.

Another update: I thought I found a solution to the phone problem today. I did a re-set with the Tesla display, then I paired the phone to the Tesla, which unpaired the Hansshow unit from the Tesla, and voila, I could hear everything from CarPlay through the speakers (phone, podcasts, music etc)! Then I exited the car and re-entered. The Hansshow came up with the message to pair it to the Tesla, but I ignored it. But when I tried to use the phone, there was no sound again. But there was sound for the other CarPlay apps. So I paired the Hansshow to the car, but was unable to hear the phone. Then I paired the phone to the car and everything worked again. So it seems if you want to use the phone, you need to initially pair the Hansshow to the car, and then pair the phone to the car (which disconnects the Hansshow) - every time you re-enter the car. I really hope they fix this bug so this pairing process isn't needed.
Which firmware you have with your tesla? I'm on 2022.44.30.5

If I remember correctly, before I updated to 44.30.5, I was able to pair two BT devices to my tesla. So both this display and my phone can keep connected together (my phone is not connected to a007_bt). I was able to make calls listen to audios anything no issues.

With this 44.30.5, I can only connect one device to tesla, if I have this unit connected, connect my phone will disconnect this unit, verse vice.

Now goes back to this unit, when I first tested, I did not do a full phone call test, and I thought it worked. (Hansshow's youtube also says so), but indeed it did NOT work! Other party cannot hear me. This is problem 1.

Problem 2 is, streaming online audio does NOT work. It starts then stops. I tested the same steps on my other car with factory AA support, and everything works.

Problem 3 is the camera no longer works.

Problem 4 is support, I have 3 connects from Hansshow on whatsapp, no one responded to my message.

If you need run AA on this unit, DO NOT BUY!

How did you get music to work? Were you playing local music file or online music? I am using AA, I don't have local music, online audio streaming not working for me.

I can have phone car audios coming from car, but other party cannot hear me.

Thanks

Which firmware you have with your tesla? I'm on 2022.44.30.5

If I remember correctly, before I updated to 44.30.5, I was able to pair two BT devices to my tesla. So both this display and my phone can keep connected together (my phone is not connected to a007_bt). I was able to make calls listen to audios anything no issues.

With this 44.30.5, I can only connect one device to tesla, if I have this unit connected, connect my phone will disconnect this unit, verse vice.

Now goes back to this unit, when I first tested, I did not do a full phone call test, and I thought it worked. (Hansshow's youtube also says so), but indeed it did NOT work! Other party cannot hear me. This is problem 1.

Problem 2 is, streaming online audio does NOT work. It starts then stops. I tested the same steps on my other car with factory AA support, and everything works.

Problem 3 is the camera no longer works.

Problem 4 is support, I have 3 connects from Hansshow on whatsapp, no one responded to my message.

If you need run AA on this unit, DO NOT BUY!
My car is on 2022.44.25.3 (I don't have FSD). Today I found again that when I get in the car, to be able to hear both Apple Carplay apps AND my phone, I have to initially pair the tesla display to the "Tesla-screen-BT-0xxx" (which unpairs my phone), and then pair the tesla display with my phone again (which unpairs the Tesla-screen-BT-0xxx), and everything works fine. Today my camera image didn't come up as usual as I entered my garage. I can still pull up the camera display on the Hansshow, so it is still working, but not triggering as normal. I did notice that the mounting screws and bracket for the camera are already rusting after being on the car for only 2 or 3 weeks. Not stainless obviously.

OK, I think I have found a solution for music play back. Once AA is connected, you need to disconnect BT link from phone to a007_bt.

The BT is required to initialize the connection, after BT is connected (phone to hansshow), the unit (zlink5) then creates a wifi access point, and the phone will connect to zlink/hansshow access point for the communications. The music did not play (local or stream) was because phone is also bluetooth connected hansshow (with call and audio play back via BT), somehow hanshow is confused or android phone is confused, so it played for a second then stopped.

This is definitely hansshow/zlink5 bug, as my other call with factory AA support, everything works with phone bluetooth still connected with the car.

Haven't tried the phone call yet, will try later.

My car is on 2022.44.25.3 (I don't have FSD). Today I found again that when I get in the car, to be able to hear both Apple Carplay apps AND my phone, I have to initially pair the tesla display to the "Tesla-screen-BT-0xxx" (which unpairs my phone), and then pair the tesla display with my phone again (which unpairs the Tesla-screen-BT-0xxx), and everything works fine. Today my camera image didn't come up as usual as I entered my garage. I can still pull up the camera display on the Hansshow, so it is still working, but not triggering as normal. I did notice that the mounting screws and bracket for the camera are already rusting after being on the car for only 2 or 3 weeks. Not stainless obviously.
I assume you have an iphone (lucky you, carplay is way better then current aa)...

1. Make sure all three units (tesla, hansshow and your phone) are not connected to each other.
2. On tesla screen, go to bluetooth setting and connect your tesla to Hansshow's TeslaScreen BT (I cannot remember the exact name).
3. Connect your phone to Hansshows a007_bt (so carplay can be initialized).

At this moment, at least for me, I can make calls, call audio streamed to tesla speaker but other party cannot hear me. Also not able to play any music on Android Auto, it plays a second then stops.

Check your phone's wifi, and see if it connected to some access point with AP as suffix.

Now, disable BT from your phone to hansshows' a007_bt (keep tesla to hansshow BT connected)

After that, are you able to stream audio from phone to tesla speakers? Are you able to make phone calls using carplay (audio via tesla speakers and other party can hear you?)

Thanks

OK, I think I have found a solution for music play back. Once AA is connected, you need to disconnect BT link from phone to a007_bt.

The BT is required to initialize the connection, after BT is connected (phone to hansshow), the unit (zlink5) then creates a wifi access point, and the phone will connect to zlink/hansshow access point for the communications. The music did not play (local or stream) was because phone is also bluetooth connected hansshow (with call and audio play back via BT), somehow hanshow is confused or android phone is confused, so it played for a second then stopped.

This is definitely hansshow/zlink5 bug, as my other call with factory AA support, everything works with phone bluetooth still connected with the car.

Haven't tried the phone call yet, will try later.
Thanks. Is the BT connection that is used to set up the wifi access point a one-time setup, after which that BT connection doesn't need to be made again in the future?

Thanks. Is the BT connection that is used to set up the wifi access point a one-time setup, after which that BT connection doesn't need to be made again in the future?
No, the access point has to be setup / created each time you initialize AA or carplay, once it disconnects (e.g. you left your car) I guess the wifi access point will be gone.

My other car with factory wired AA with a Motorola MA1 wireless adapter auto reconnects each time, so after initial connection, I don't need to do anything, it just works. So definitely a bug in this unit/zlink5.

No, the access point has to be setup / created each time you initialize AA or carplay, once it disconnects (e.g. you left your car) I guess the wifi access point will be gone.

My other car with factory wired AA with a Motorola MA1 wireless adapter auto reconnects each time, so after initial connection, I don't need to do anything, it just works. So definitely a bug in this unit/zlink5.
OK, I just spent another 20 minutes of experimenting. In the process of following your suggestion in post 36 above, I discovered that my phone hadn't been automatically capturing the AP access point on wifi. Once I re-engaged it, things improved. I was not able to get the Tesla to connect with the Teslascreen-BT-xxxx. It failed on multiple attempts, including after re-booting both the Tesla screen and the Hansshow. I found that if I exit and enter the car, and leave the phone connected to the Tesla via BT, all audio except the phone comes out of the car speakers, but the phone comes out of the built-in tiny speaker in the Hansshow unit. Then, if I attempt to connect the Tesla to the Teslascreen-BT-xxxx (which fails) and then re-engage the Tesla with my phone, everything including the phone comes thru the car speakers. There must be some kind of glitch. For now, it isn't a big deal for me as I don't use the phone a lot, but in cases where I expect to use it, I'll do the attempted BT connection to Teslascreen and then the phone again to allow the phone to play through the big speakers instead of the little Hansshow one. This is crazy making.