Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Hansshow Android 10.25 inch instrument cluster/display install and review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I just spent another 20 minutes of experimenting. In the process of following your suggestion in post 36 above, I discovered that my phone hadn't been automatically capturing the AP access point on wifi. Once I re-engaged it, things improved. I was not able to get the Tesla to connect with the Teslascreen-BT-xxxx. It failed on multiple attempts, including after re-booting both the Tesla screen and the Hansshow. I found that if I exit and enter the car, and leave the phone connected to the Tesla via BT, all audio except the phone comes out of the car speakers, but the phone comes out of the built-in tiny speaker in the Hansshow unit. Then, if I attempt to connect the Tesla to the Teslascreen-BT-xxxx (which fails) and then re-engage the Tesla with my phone, everything including the phone comes thru the car speakers. There must be some kind of glitch. For now, it isn't a big deal for me as I don't use the phone a lot, but in cases where I expect to use it, I'll do the attempted BT connection to Teslascreen and then the phone again to allow the phone to play through the big speakers instead of the little Hansshow one. This is crazy making.
Thanks sucks, I just tested with call, other party can hear me after I disconnect a007_bt. So for me for AA, it is the problem of a007_bt. I never had any problem connecting tesla to hansshow (Teslascreen-BT-xxxx).

Also, once AA is connected, I can use right button to focus on buttons on screen (up down and left), and right push is like Enter key. I wish they enable the push of left button.

I will give it a try with an iphone XR now.

OK, tested with iphone xr, it just works (no auto re-connection though)

1. Tesla is BT connected to Hanshows Teslascreen-BT-xxxx
2. Connect iphone's BT to a007_bt, in about 2 seconds, CarPlay is enabled on hansshow.

What I found on iphone are:

1. Once Carplay is connected, BT link from phone to a007_bt is auto disconnected. (Compare to Android, I have to manual disconnect, otherwise it won't work).
2. If you check wifi icon on iphone, it is greyed out, and displays "not connected" even Carplay is connected, I guess this is just apple thing, it hides the carplay connection. If you touch wifi icon it will ask if you want to disconnect carplay. Compare to Android, wifi shows connected to an AP.

Also, carplay handshake is a lot faster than AA. It only takes 2 seconds to connect, but for AA, it takes about 10 seconds.

I love apple map, very nice looking, better than google maps, a lot better than waze.

@Keninblaine you may have a defective hansshow display? Or is your phone configured as priority device? If yes, try to remove your phone as priority device and see if that works

Now I really wish there is a way to hide the annoying floating display (speed etc), able to launch google assistant via one single steering wheel press. The last, is the third instrument template, has a static image for HP, wish they can make it dynamic, if it is not doable, just remove it.

OK, tested with iphone xr, it just works (no auto re-connection though)

1. Tesla is BT connected to Hanshows Teslascreen-BT-xxxx
2. Connect iphone's BT to a007_bt, in about 2 seconds, CarPlay is enabled on hansshow.

What I found on iphone are:

1. Once Carplay is connected, BT link from phone to a007_bt is auto disconnected. (Compare to Android, I have to manual disconnect, otherwise it won't work).
2. If you check wifi icon on iphone, it is greyed out, and displays "not connected" even Carplay is connected, I guess this is just apple thing, it hides the carplay connection. If you touch wifi icon it will ask if you want to disconnect carplay. Compare to Android, wifi shows connected to an AP.

Also, carplay handshake is a lot faster than AA. It only takes 2 seconds to connect, but for AA, it takes about 10 seconds.

I love apple map, very nice looking, better than google maps, a lot better than waze.

@Keninblaine you may have a defective hansshow display? Or is your phone configured as priority device? If yes, try to remove your phone as priority device and see if that works

Now I really wish there is a way to hide the annoying floating display (speed etc), able to launch google assistant via one single steering wheel press. The last, is the third instrument template, has a static image for HP, wish they can make it dynamic, if it is not doable, just remove it.
Seems I may have a defective unit, or else the units all have a design flaw with BT connectivity. What does seem to work well for me is that within seconds of getting in the car, my phone's wifi grabs the Hansshow unit Access Point. It is the connection of the phone and Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6 (H) to the car that is very weird and inconsistent. I just spent about 45 minutes trying different combinations of pairing the car to the H, or pairing the car to my phone, both as default and non-default devices. I would test each combination with its ability to play the Apple Car Play (ACP) audio and the phone audio through the car's speakers. I don't think it all worked upon startup without me having to switch the BT pair from between the car screen and the phone or between the car screen and H. And sometimes it didn't work until I switched back to the initial start-up pairing. And sometimes it didn't work at all no matter what pairing I chose. On those occasions when everything finally worked perfectly I'd exit the car, shut and re-open the door and re-enter the car to check if it held. Nope.

There are so many combinations I need to develop a spreadsheet of setting combinations and results to try to identify if there is a combo that works consistently. I'm quite sure that I had success on 2 different settings, one with my phone connected to the car, and another with the H connected to the car. But I'm not sure if each success was preceded by one or by multiple prior combinations to coax a successful outcome. I guess I should initiate dialogue with Hansshow, but based on what I've read about that process, my current trial and error trouble-shooting may be less aggravating.

BTW, if someone has had any success with this issue, I'd appreciate some photos of the car setup pages in the Hansshow, as I have no idea if my setup settings, especially for BT, are correct.

What does seem to work well for me is that within seconds of getting in the car, my phone's wifi grabs the Hansshow unit Access Point.
When this happens, if you just connect car to Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6 (don't connect your phone to H's a007_bt), does carplay work?

It is the connection of the phone and Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6 (H) to the car that is very weird and inconsistent.
Not sure if I understand what you mean, you connect tesla to H's Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6 from tesla's bluetooth menu, and you connect your phone to H's a007_bt from your phone. sometimes my car auto connects to Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6, sometimes it doesn't, not sure if this is a bug, but I have my family have 3 phones connected to this car including mine, and one other is priority device, so it may affect auto connect to Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6. But for a007_bt, I will have to do this manually each time, it won't auto connect. But once these two are connected (and a00t_bt disconnected after AA is established), everything is very stable.

On those occasions when everything finally worked perfectly I'd exit the car, shut and re-open the door and re-enter the car to check if it held. Nope.
This is correct, at least for a007_bt, I will have to manual connect each time. But Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6 sometimes it stays connected when I re-enter the car.

When this happens, if you just connect car to Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6 (don't connect your phone to H's a007_bt), does carplay work?

Not sure if I understand what you mean, you connect tesla to H's Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6 from tesla's bluetooth menu, and you connect your phone to H's a007_bt from your phone. sometimes my car auto connects to Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6, sometimes it doesn't, not sure if this is a bug, but I have my family have 3 phones connected to this car including mine, and one other is priority device, so it may affect auto connect to Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6. But for a007_bt, I will have to do this manually each time, it won't auto connect. But once these two are connected (and a00t_bt disconnected after AA is established), everything is very stable.

This is correct, at least for a007_bt, I will have to manual connect each time. But Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6 sometimes it stays connected when I re-enter the car.
1. Yes, the CarPlay "works" in that Hansshow picks up my CarPlay app from the phone and displays it, but the audio may not work through the car system for both phone and apps. The phone almost immediately pairs with the Hansshow for CarPlay via the AP wifi connection. The a007_bt seemed to only be needed the first time I connected my phone to the Hansshow, since the AP wifi connection has almost always been made automatically within seconds of getting in the car (without the need to make the BT connection via a007_bt). In fact, since the AP gets established immediately, the a007_bt doesn't even show up as a choice.

2. My Phone doesn't connect (at least knowingly) to the H via a007_bt, since the AP shows up connected via wifi almost immediately. If it doesn't show up, I can quickly select it as an available wifi source. The problem seems to be with the connection between either the Tesla and my phone via my phone's BT, or between the Tesla and the H via Tesla-Screen-BT-OBA6. Sometimes it works with one, sometimes with the other, sometimes with neither.

3. My experience has been that the AP wifi connection gets made quickly and automatically between my phone and Hansshow unit without my having to do anything.

Hopefully I'll have a little more info after a more rigorous and organized test of various settings. Given that there are 2 possible BT connections involved in my situation, and given that BT in general seems to be subject to many quirks, this may be a BT bug that Hansshow needs to resolve.

At the risk of providing TMI on this subject, I'm posting a sketch of the radio connections between the devices, reflecting my assumptions. In my continuing attempts to resolve the audio issues, I did find today that if I hear a phone call through the H's little internal speaker, it is because my phone selects it. If I pull up my phone's speaker choices, and if it shows it is connected to "local device" which is the Hansshow, I can select Tesla to send the phone audio to the car speakers.

In the past 2 days of experimenting, I've selected my iPhone on the Tesla's bluetooth connection. In numerous attempts to select "Tesla-Screen-BT-OBA6" on the Tesla's center screen, the connection attempt has failed very time. I'm assuming this is the BT connection that could move the phone audio from the H to the car speakers, but am not sure since I can't get it to pair. Complicating this is the confusing nomenclature of that BT label, where it isn't clear to me if it is a zero or a capital letter O, and whether there is a mismatch at one end or the other due to incorrect nomenclature. If this link isn't needed due to me connecting my phone to the Tesla screen via BT, then no big deal.

A few times today, including the first time I got in the car, everything worked fine on first attempt. But on later attempts, sometimes I'd get no sound for my podcast or music apps playing thru CarPlay, sometimes no phone sound, sometimes phone thru small H speaker (which I found I could resolve in the Phone audio selection), sometimes no sound initially on podcast, but then after going to phone and then back to podcast, the sound would suddenly come on a few seconds after the phone disconnect.

Bottom line is that the unit is fully functional most of the time, sometimes after some fiddling phone audio setting etc, so I'm not dead in the water, especially given how seldom I use the phone in the car. But I am curious if anything would change/improve if somehow I could make that BT connection work between the H and the car.

Attachments

• BT connections.pdf
    172.9 KB · Views: 117
I'm using android, so things might be different (or should be the same, but i don't know).

For me, I usually make sure C is connected (sometimes it connects automatically, sometimes I have to manually connect via tesla screen), then on my android phone, make the connection of A, and once Android Auto is ready on hansshow screen, I then disconnect A.

That's all. I don't have to do anything else.

Before 2022.44.30.5, I was able to keep both C and B connected, but after 2022.44.30.5, I can only have one, either C or B. But of course, no C no android auto audio output to tesla speakers.

I don't see D on my Android phone, maybe it is an iphone thing? or that is how tesla is aware of the phone key? I have no idea.

1673491897761.png

So with Android you have to use the BT on link A to setup the wifi Access Point each time? My AP connects automatically within 10 seconds of getting in the car.

Yes, only link B or C can be used, as Tesla only allows one at a time. So your Android won't play through the car speakers if you use the BT connection in link B? Can you confirm if the BT name for link C appears exactly the same in the Hansshow BT setup and on the Tesla screen? Is it a zero or a capital letter O at each end? I may have played around with it during initial installation when I was having trouble pairing, so may have created an issue that I need to fix.

The BT connection for link D shows up when I get in the car, and disappears after I exit the car and go into the house. I don't pretend to know how Tesla uses that connection to the phone.

Finally, do you have any issues with hearing your phone in the car speakers when using the link C bluetooth connection?

Well, after some back and forth tonight with Hansshow support on WhatsApp, my problem seems to be resolved. I hadn't been able to make the BT connection from the Tesla screen to the Hansshow. They said to "forget" all the other connections on the Tesla screen. After doing that and then searching for devices, the "Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6" showed up and connected successfully. Both phone and CarPlan apps played through the car speakers just fine. Will check again tomorrow to see if everything keeps working consistently. BTW, while the Hansshow communications were a little rough, I did get quick responses.

Indeed, other party cannot hear me. When I did the test earlier both phones were in the car, so the other phone picked up the voice. I will try again today.

Emailed Hansshow, useless. They cannot provide any tech support at all. They are retailer not manufacturer.

Well, after some back and forth tonight with Hansshow support on WhatsApp, my problem seems to be resolved. I hadn't been able to make the BT connection from the Tesla screen to the Hansshow. They said to "forget" all the other connections on the Tesla screen. After doing that and then searching for devices, the "Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6" showed up and connected successfully. Both phone and CarPlan apps played through the car speakers just fine. Will check again tomorrow to see if everything keeps working consistently. BTW, while the Hansshow communications were a little rough, I did get quick responses.
so other party can hear you?

so other party can hear you?
Yes, other party can hear me. But when I went to check on this a few minutes ago, I found that the settings I left it on last night after finally resolving my issues by establishing the BT link between the car and the Hansshow no longer worked - no sound from any CarPlay sources. So I paired my car to the phone and everything worked on initial attempt. I then paired my car back to the Hansshow and no audio from any CarPlay sources. I then paired the car to my phone again and the phone worked fine but the other CarPlay sources had no audio. But after a few minutes of trying different apps the sound would suddenly come back on. So it seems to me the issue is related to unstable bluetooth connections, which may not be uncommon given that wireless carplay is relatively new, and BT has typically exhibited some glitchy behavior.

I will continue to monitor and experiment to see how things go, and will also advise Hansshow of these issues. (Yes, they only communicate on technical matters via whatsApp. It isn't really that bothersome once you establish the connection.

Yes, other party can hear me. But when I went to check on this a few minutes ago, I found that the settings I left it on last night after finally resolving my issues by establishing the BT link between the car and the Hansshow no longer worked - no sound from any CarPlay sources. So I paired my car to the phone and everything worked on initial attempt. I then paired my car back to the Hansshow and no audio from any CarPlay sources. I then paired the car to my phone again and the phone worked fine but the other CarPlay sources had no audio. But after a few minutes of trying different apps the sound would suddenly come back on. So it seems to me the issue is related to unstable bluetooth connections, which may not be uncommon given that wireless carplay is relatively new, and BT has typically exhibited some glitchy behavior.

I will continue to monitor and experiment to see how things go, and will also advise Hansshow of these issues. (Yes, they only communicate on technical matters via whatsApp. It isn't really that bothersome once you establish the connection.
I did another test today, factory reset etc. also tried an iphone. Now I know why it worked for me before. It was the phone's microphone picked up the voice, not tesla's microphone. If I cover my phone's microphone then other party cannot hear me, same for carplay... There is no pattern when it works or doesn't work.

I have left a few comments to some of the youtube views, they all said carplay works, I have asked them to cover the iphon'e microphone and see if that works.

At least for me, AA and CarPlay do not work. Their support is useless.

I currently am having a couple issues with my display. My display was showing that I had 4G signal yet any app that I went to showed that I had no network connectivity. In attempt to fix the network issue I then foolishly factory reset my display and am now receiving the missing file error message along with not seeing my vehicle. Is there any fix for either of these issues? Thank you in advance for the help.

Attachments

• 20230114_134115.jpg
    20230114_134115.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20230114_134623.jpg
    20230114_134623.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230114_134639.jpg
    20230114_134639.jpg
    708.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230114_134701.jpg
    20230114_134701.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 70
I presume you have a working SIM card in the Hansshow unit? If so, I would contact Hansshow for this. They will direct you to use WhatsApp to get technical support.
Yes. I am using att and at first they added a full blown line to my account which was running almost $60/mo, but it was working fine. Then I dropped it to a data only sim running $20/mo and that's when the issue started. I am in contact with Hansshows whatsapp, and awaiting a response, but with Chinese new year they are apparently going to be closed for 10 days. Is there a way to find the imei on the device?

Yes. I am using att and at first they added a full blown line to my account which was running almost $60/mo, but it was working fine. Then I dropped it to a data only sim running $20/mo and that's when the issue started. I am in contact with Hansshows whatsapp, and awaiting a response, but with Chinese new year they are apparently going to be closed for 10 days. Is there a way to find the imei on the device?
I guess that 10 day closure explains why they haven't responded to my latest email to them enquiring about when they will ship a yoke I ordered in November! Sorry, can't help with the imei issue, as it is above my pay grade. Assume it can't be found in any of the setup menus on the Hansshow? I opted for the premium connectivity from Tesla, as cost is about the same and I get features such as full satellite view on maps which I prefer. Good luck.

The Hansshow is very technically complex and requires much patience in trouble-shooting, especially with their very modest technical support and associated language barriers. The issues I was having now appear to be more associated with glitchy bluetooth connections. I'm currently connecting the car to my phone and things are working relatively well with the following caveats: (1) The phone defaults to the Hansshow internal speaker on the first call, and I have to set the phone to use the Tesla speakers, after which all is good. Haven't found a way to make the phone ignore the Hansshow speaker option. (2) When I pull up a CarPlay app the first time on a trip, I often get no sound at all until I toggle the pause and play icon on the center screen display once or twice, after which the sound comes through fine. It seems the BT connection needs to be kick-started sometimes.

Hey what works for with AA is when I connect my phone via Bluetooth on your phone go to the settings on your Bluetooth Turn off music and keep phone so you can get your phone calls and control the music well in my case I use Spotify
yes turn off music in bluetooth allows to play music via tesla speakers.
Are you able to use the phone (via tesla speakers?) can other party hear you?

I'm curious if anyone here has had complete success with this Hansshow unit?

Mine works pretty well finally, now that I know that if there is no sound, just toggle from pause to play once or twice to help the BT connection get established; and that if the phone sound comes out of the Hansshow unit, change the speaker selection on the iPhone to the Tesla speakers. Other than those fairly minor inconveniences (which don't always happen for some reason), I'm becoming happier with the unit. I have found that it works more consistently if I pair the car with my phone rather than with the "Tesla-Screen-BT-0BA6", but sometimes it will work in either configuration. I've come to the conclusion that most of the issues I have had relate to touchy BT connections, which seem to not be uncommon in many cars, and may be due to the relatively new introduction of wireless CarPlay using BT. I am increasingly happy with the screen, and especially the ability to select and play phone, music or podcasts from the steering wheel control without looking at my phone.
I likely don't really need a yoke, but I had thought I would for better screen visibility, so ordered one in Nov during black Fri sale. Will give it a try whenever it arrives. If I don't like it, I'll put the factory wheel back on.