TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New instrument cluster trim?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by redline0316, Jun 24, 2014.

1. redline0316

redline0316 Member

Anyone notice recent VINs have a thinner bezel that goes around the instrument cluster? I wonder why they changed that?

2. redline0316

redline0316 Member

Here's what I mean...
    photo 1.JPG
    photo 2.JPG

3. Zextraterrestrial

hmm, very interesting. (and upside downish)

I know that when dun hits mine just right the reflection is very, very bright/blinding. I think that is the only complaint that I never sent to ownership. I planned on trying to plastidip the bright stuff in the car for this reason.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Right. The first time was a real shocker. It doesn't happen to me very often, but I can see where it could if you have the right (maybe that should be wrong) commute. The smaller bezel would help, but I'm guessing that the plastidip is the real cure.

5. redline0316

redline0316 Member

The thinner bezel also makes the screen look bigger, I wonder if we can buy the new part...is it stuck to the screen?

6. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

I think the smaller one looks much better. Makes me want it, lol.