Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Loud Bearing Noise from A/C

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I believe I've had this same noise issue. I noticed the noise when releasing the brake pedal. I wasn't sure if it was an HVAC issue or a regenerative braking, but I haven't heard the noise recently. Then again the SC has worked on the X quite a bit since then, so maybe something was updated/tweaked/repaired.

Tesla HVAC Noise link
Wow, I could definitely hear it on your video. That does not sound normal or acceptable.

Yes, I believe I've had this same noise issue. I noticed the noise when releasing the brake pedal. I wasn't sure if it was an HVAC issue or a regenerative braking, but I haven't heard the noise recently. Then again the SC has worked on the X quite a bit since then, so maybe something was updated/tweaked/repaired.

Tesla HVAC Noise link
YES! That's the exact sound. Do you have logs on the work that's been done HVAC related I can pass on to my SC?

Got my X back today and they checked the service bulletin and said that my car was not in the VIN range affected. My VIN is 1984 which is close to some of the other VIN's who have had the crossed condenser lines. Either they did not check the bulletin and are blowing smoke, or the affected X's are not exactly in sequential order. Tech stated that my car was cooling well too. They were also unable to replicate any bearing noises. I'll continue monitoring this, but no big resolution yet.

Got my X back today and they checked the service bulletin and said that my car was not in the VIN range affected. My VIN is 1984 which is close to some of the other VIN's who have had the crossed condenser lines. Either they did not check the bulletin and are blowing smoke, or the affected X's are not exactly in sequential order. Tech stated that my car was cooling well too. They were also unable to replicate any bearing noises. I'll continue monitoring this, but no big resolution yet.

Is yours loud? I wonder what the range is

Tesla HVAC Noise link

Check out FoxXxy's post about this in another thread:

after someone drove the car for about 20 minutes, the hollow metallic vibration from the A/C was heard. Lo and behold, after investigating the noise, the technicians discovered that those high pressure lines were crossed at the condenser!

While the noise you're hearing is a lot worse than mine, it still sounds like the same thing. Your high pressure A/C lines are crossed. No doubt about it. Show your SC rep FoxXy's post and insist they check those lines.