Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MCU model issues, anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today the sound went crazy. I was streaming music when a spurting sound started. A couple of minutes later the MCU crashed. I never had that happen before. I'm on 2018.12, AP 2. No new maps.

Last edited:
2018.10 on new MCU here. Had the car for 4 days now (it updated to 2018.10 as soon as we got home). Has been connecting to staying connected to WiFi 5G without problems. In those first 4 days the car downloaded 645MB and uploaded 134MB over WiFi according to the router stats.

Ditto. Update complete and still no summon with fob or iPhone. Good working WiFi though.

Interesting that you have Wi-Fi now. I picked up new MS 100D Friday at the delivery center and it had 10.6 on it. But I’m having a number of issues including no Wi-Fi, no summon, Intermittent loss of all sound through the speakers including turn signal sounds, intermittent charging error where the car (falsely) detects my cable is bad. On a positive note, AP works better than my HW1, MCU1 85 D. I’m sure these issues will get sorted out. Hopefully sooner than later.

75D one week old with new MCU here. I have 2018.10.6. Having many of the same issues— WiFi not connecting, summon not working from phone, cannot play music from my iPhone even though it’s connected via Bluetooth. Also the double scroll wheel reset doesn’t work — any know how to reboot the new MCU?

75D one week old with new MCU here. I have 2018.10.6. Having many of the same issues— WiFi not connecting, summon not working from phone, cannot play music from my iPhone even though it’s connected via Bluetooth. Also the double scroll wheel reset doesn’t work — any know how to reboot the new MCU?

This is an interesting thread. My S75D celebrates its week bday today. I had WiFi issues but 10.6 resolved them. The only issue at this stage is the lack of summon from the app. Works great from the fob.

Oh - and I can’t make outgoing calls over the car speakers. I can hear them and they can’t hear me.

Reactions: Arrowpine
Picked up my X 100D last Wednesday with the new MCU. Very buggy:

WiFi was a bitch to get set up. Finally did, but it constantly bugs me with that "Set up a WiFi" screen every time I get in
FM HD radio doesn't work properly (can't receive #2 and #3 channels)
All sound cuts out. Radio and car alerts.
On screen keyboard pops up for no apparent reason.
Had to re-boot constantly to get things working.

Over the weekend, I downloaded 2018.10.6

Now, my Energy Savings options are gone (just white space where they used to be) and I cannot re-boot.

If I use the "Power Off" option, the car goes dark, and I can hear fans running behind the dash, then the car will spontaneously turn back on without me touching anything.

Reactions: el_tlatoani
Picked up my X 100D last Wednesday with the new MCU. Very buggy:

WiFi was a bitch to get set up. Finally did, but it constantly bugs me with that "Set up a WiFi" screen every time I get in
FM HD radio doesn't work properly (can't receive #2 and #3 channels)
All sound cuts out. Radio and car alerts.
On screen keyboard pops up for no apparent reason.
Had to re-boot constantly to get things working.

Over the weekend, I downloaded 2018.10.6

Now, my Energy Savings options are gone (just white space where they used to be) and I cannot re-boot.

If I use the "Power Off" option, the car goes dark, and I can hear fans running behind the dash, then the car will spontaneously turn back on without me touching anything.
So is this a feature or a bug? Power Off should be Off. :D

Mine does that too. But it has solved whatever issue for which I initiated the Power Off procedure.

Not for me. FM-HD radio still not working, but the real head-scratcher is the loss of my Energy Savings controls (Energy Savings On/Off, Always Connected tick-box).

Did they take that away on the new Intel-based MCU?

20180401_215347915_iOS.jpg

Twice now it has stopped tracking my GPS position. Each time I started at the same location. When this happens you can use Autopilot since it thinks the speed limit is 25mph. It resolves itself on the next power up. I have not tried doing a reset because both times I was about a mile into my trip and decided I could rough it and do the driving myself.

CALL TESLA ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE!

Got my car back from shop where it was getting a full wrap + ceramic coating this evening.
First time home in my garage.
I have same WiFi & scroll wheel reset issues.
I called Tesla.
They said the engineers are working on a fix for the scroll wheel reset and that they would add my vin to the escalation so the fix can get pushed to my car as soon as it’s available.
He said it’s a catch 22.. A scroll wheel reset is necessary to reinitialize the WIFi.

I'm on 10.6 and have noticed the following issues:

* Navigation randomly doesn't track the vehicle at startup (it gets stuck). Powering off and restarting 3-4 times fixed it, but it still seems to be a bug that can come back at any time. This renders autopilot useless.
* Bluetooth mic is not picking up sound (other party can't hear me). It's not my phone because I have thoroughly tested my phone in other settings and it works and I've tried other phones in the vehicle.
* Audio randomly glitches from time to time, goes out for a slit second and then comes back

* Bluetooth mic is not picking up sound (other party can't hear me). It's not my phone because I have thoroughly tested my phone in other settings and it works and I've tried other phones in the vehicle.

Any chance you have an iPhone and Apple watch? If so, try putting the Apple watch in airplane mode and see if that makes a difference.