Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Member, Teslafi Leader board and 100d more efficient per mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to say hello and I love this site. Among the mountain of good advice and fun things to read, i started using Teslafi. I cannot see a number without trying to beat it.

Here is the summary of my drive. For some reason TeslaFi logs it as 353 miles of the 425, that is still a record. I am most surprised on how much less watt per mile that the 100d uses than the others on the leader board efficient the 100d is with a much higher average speed the car used at least 10% less watts per mile.

teslafi drive.PNG
leader board.PNG

some things i did wrong.

did not start at 100%
ran errands to pick up and drop off kids during drive
did not empty vehicle of excess weight

There are some factors that could explain some of the difference but maybe not all

100D have better mpg then 85
100D have higher temp wish means the AC would be less use
The second 90D have higher average speed and lower elevation changes.

IMG_1577.JPG
Interestingly enough when I sold my 85D in March the lifetime Wh/mi was 333 at 52k miles. My 100D with 6,989 has 340 Wh/mi Exact same daily routine commuter car at ~100 miles a day 97% at AutoPilot 75mphb. I am not seeing this :/ wish I was tho.

The energy consumption readings are full of fudge factors and missing samples. Barely comparable on the same car, forget about across models.

About the only thing you can measure for real is the car went X miles on a certain trip at a certain speed, even then you have to be careful because the odometer is off by more than 1%

Entriplanner does say P100D is more efficient. I am not sure if that is a bug or maybe they changed something in the P100D/100D to make this possible. Any case, I would like to see other chime in. EPA-wise it's not more efficient.

I think that the 100D has a better watt per mile. That translates to better MPG at lower speeds where the wind is not as much as a factor. However, as it weighs more, is would use more energy at higher speeds. That would explain boondooks readings. He is using 2.1 % more energy at 75 MPH. Do we know if the 100D is 2% heavier then the 85D?

I think that the 100D has a better watt per mile. That translates to better MPG at lower speeds where the wind is not as much as a factor. However, as it weighs more, is would use more energy at higher speeds. That would explain boondooks readings. He is using 2.1 % more energy at 75 MPH. Do we know if the 100D is 2% heavier then the 85D?

Not sure but according to WK057 the battery capacity if 103kWh for the 100D and something like 76kWh for the 85D. He also said there is a different cooling system for the 100's, which was more not less, so maybe a little more weight there too.