Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Model 3 Highland review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty much everything is improved, but completely ruined by the lack of stalks, what ever, I'm a Y driver, Hopefully Tesla will come to their senses by the time the Y refresh comes, otherwise I'll have to consider another brand.
It seems as though all Teslas will be refreshed without stalks. It's the current momentum and it will be polarizing. Some will jump ship because of this.

Pretty much everything is improved, but completely ruined by the lack of stalks, what ever, I'm a Y driver, Hopefully Tesla will come to their senses by the time the Y refresh comes, otherwise I'll have to consider another brand.

You should always be considering other brands. Tesla doesn't have to stumble in order for someone else to make a better product.

Give the stalk-less Tesla's a chance. I own a Model S refresh w/o stalks, but have been driving a 2019 Model S loaner for the last month while mine's in for a repair.

I hate having to tell the car which direction I want to go when I get in. The stalk-less cars are VERY good at guessing which direction you want to go, and eliminating any need to touch the gear shift. Likewise, I've grown to like the turn signals on the steering wheel, they're closer to where your hands are naturally resting. Even my wife likes the driving experience of my car, and she's never cared about any car before.

Give the stalk-less Tesla's a chance. I own a Model S refresh w/o stalks, but have been driving a 2019 Model S loaner for the last month while mine's in for a repair.

I hate having to tell the car which direction I want to go when I get in. The stalk-less cars are VERY good at guessing which direction you want to go, and eliminating any need to touch the gear shift. Likewise, I've grown to like the turn signals on the steering wheel, they're closer to where your hands are naturally resting. Even my wife likes the driving experience of my car, and she's never cared about any car before.

Coming from a RHD market, it took me ages to having the indicator stalk on the LHS of the column, I got used to it. But I'd still prfer it on the RHS. Don't tell me I just need to get used to it. Indicators on the steering wheel is crazy, I don't care what you say. Give the customer a choice. Its penny pinching, if you want to save money, don't put in ambient lighting.

You should always be considering other brands. Tesla doesn't have to stumble in order for someone else to make a better product.

Oh I will be. It's insane that this car is so great but is hobbled by Tesla own goals, no USS, no stalks and no rain sensors. All of those things are proven to work great, and Tesla wants to remove them. Absolutely insane. If you like to be frustrated, that's fine.

I am very against the yoke but I think the stalk thing is not a huge issue. Glad to see the horn is back where it should be unlike the Plaid where it's a capacitive button (for now). There's a lot I thought I would not like about my M3P but after owning it for 2.5 years I don't even know why I would want a gauge cluster as an example. I agree - probably something you get used to and then it's all fine although it will definitely hold back some buyers so it's a bit of a risk, but when they sell every one they make then I guess the risk isn't that risky.

Reactions: APotatoGod
1693542120611.png

Glad I bought a ‘23 recently. Only things I like are the increased range, new headlights, and new ‘19 rims. Rear screen is cool, but as the primary driver in the family, that’s eh to me. Front bumper is too simple. Door panels are too simple. Don’t like that there is now a mechanical cover over the cup holders; more that can break.

Fail.
The current model is much better looking inside and out.
Would respect that answer from someone that just bought the old model. I see it as an incredible complete update ground up. Typically car companies add a cup holder and date to add 10% more cost. All these improvements at the same price is rather impressive.

I think this addresses the worst thing about the Y/3 at the moment, the flexi chassis and excessive NVH. I’d say this thing will drive much better (more comfortable) than the previous gen. To have front suspension geo, bushing and mounting updates, combined with the focus on reducing noise through new materials will have a good positive effect.