Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Model 3 Highland review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and now Tesla is canceling Model 3 Performance orders in Australia in light of the redesigned Model 3 … it’s either dead or to br released with different or same name later on this year … look it up.
The Future "We're not stopping here. We are actively working on the new Performance Model 3, where we'll push the boundaries even further."

There was a rumor that performance is getting a different front bumper. Hopefully they are adding more differences between LR and P.

I don't know why people defend this but again, Tesla is CHOOSING to provide misleading information.

They aren't picking the "formula that provides the worst stats"

They are picking the formula that provides the results that are furthest from reality in order to boost sales. There are plenty of threads about the inaccuracies of Tesla's range estimates. We don't need another one here. Let's just focus on the car changes.
Hey, you brought up the issue! You wrote two paragraphs about it! lol

• Funny
Reactions: racerx2005
I'll say this and keep it limited the model 3 performance/plaid will be pushing the envelope much further, it will also make current ice Sport Sedan BMW m3 merc and audi and current legacy evs so much further down the totem pole that, the sport car enthusiast will notice. The model 3 performance has to be delayed due to what's it's bringing. When it's introduced it won't be alone.

I'll say this and keep it limited the model 3 performance/plaid will be pushing the envelope much further, it will also make current ice Sport Sedan BMW m3 merc and audi and current legacy evs so much further down the totem pole that, the sport car enthusiast will notice. The model 3 performance has to be delayed due to what's it's bringing. When it's introduced it won't be alone.

If I know Tesla, in light of the fact that the newest BMW M4 runs a 10.9-second quarter mile, the next M3P will likely (at least it should, IMO) match or beat that. It's possible that Tesla had to up the specs further than they were expecting when that BMW hit the market and Tesla saw what it can do...

Remember, Elon said way back when that the M3P would be faster around a track than a BMW M3 - and it was!

Placement of lights ahead of the driver, telling them the mode will make sure they understand whether the car is steering or they are steering.
That's an important issue, but I'm not sure the lights will solve it.

After implementing the following system, I've had no problems:

When I'm driving: two hands on the wheel.

When the car is driving: one hand on the wheel.

Reactions: BobbyTables

I'm glad I waited to see Highland details. I thought 5K off a new '23 M3P would motivated me to go with the outgoing model, but the changes are quite significant and the '24 looks gorgeous.

Your comment of pushing down the German brands on the totem pole is going to be wrong when they finally arrive. We already known that the Taycan is widely considered the superior premium EV 4-door sedan over the S and the EQS over the X. When the Boxster EV and Macan EV arrives in 2025 the 3/Y is going to face pressure like it's never known before and likely loose their crown, at least the Y. What will keep the 3/Y the best seller is price, we all know Merc & Porsche are going to put outrageous price tags on their cars.

dunno what to think...kinda minimal refresh, not sold on the headlights and front bumper.

like the tailights and the rear screen, other than that it doesn't tip the scales much for me enough to want to run out and trade mine in

whare is the Performance model? would love to see one with a lower stance and maybe a more agressive front end

I am dating myself here.
I think that's illegal in some states. Ha, just kidding.

I've had three Chevy El Caminos and a Ford Ranchero (and many other cars). At the time they served me well.

With my 2022 MSLR, I'll never go back to the ICE ages. I think the Highland 3 is a game changer, a win for Tesla and a further disruptor to legacy auto and other EV makers.

Reactions: SO16