Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Performance news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone looked into insurance yet? I did a quote online with NRMA a few weeks ago and its was around the 2K mark. Just went to re-quote and now I have to call them. Hopefully it hasn't changed.
GIO quoted me $4400, they were the only ones even knowing about a performance model 3.

I'm going to use novated lease for this cas, and the insurance (Vero Insurance which is also Suncorp) was $3200, and covered more than GIO (3 years for new replacement, covering the entire lease payment in case of write-off)

I'm assuming that all our cars are on that ship as well and it's landing in Brisbane in 6 days but a lot of us Brisbanites don't have any EDD guidance so I'm a bit confused. I'm about to head overseas for a week and need to organise my finance which will be hard while in a different country and time zone. But if you have an EDD starting June 29th and your car will be offloaded after mine I'm starting to panic about getting everything sorted in time.

Tesla responded super quickly.
Victoria's car at least are on the TURANDOT. (TURANDOT, Vehicles Carrier - Details and current position - IMO 9070450 - VesselFinder)

My delivery date got updated to June 29th to July 20. I hope it's not June 29th as would be in the plane back from Europe on that day

Ahh...crap...I'll be skiiing!

Tesla will have to wait until I return...I assume one can delay if needed...can't remember as I have previously always been so keen to get as early as possible so never actually tried to delay a pick up.

Ahh...crap...I'll be skiiing!

Tesla will have to wait until I return...I assume one can delay if needed...can't remember as I have previously always been so keen to get as early as possible so never actually tried to delay a pick up.
Unfortunately they won't wait. You have to either pickup in their delivery window, nominate someone to pick up for you, or forego your order.

GIO quoted me $4400, they were the only ones even knowing about a performance model 3.

I'm going to use novated lease for this cas, and the insurance (Vero Insurance which is also Suncorp) was $3200, and covered more than GIO (3 years for new replacement, covering the entire lease payment in case of write-off)
Try out Australia Post car insurance (backed by QBE). I'm at $1650 in SA, which was much better than the nearest I could get @ $2200. The 2024 M3P is available to select in their online quote tool.