Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 pics from staff thank you party.

But as this is a separate thread, we might as well discuss details about those photos here, I noticed this image i particular:

22XuL77.jpg

The section of different material (the glossy part) used in the lower window frame looks like it could be a place for sensors/cameras?

What do you think?

Well, no, the section I meant is on the outside bottom window frame, and apart from that I would think that electrochromic glass
would be a more elegant and less error-prone approach than mechanical blinders?
I think it's just testing out various finishes. The mirror trim on one side are black and chrome on the other. Wouldn't get too hung up on analyzing the changes yet ;)

That interior is unbelievably minimalist. I have to think Unveil Pt.2 will solve that in whatever way. While this is the sort of thing you would expect for a self-driving interior, at least at first you'll still need to manually drive so looking down to the right while driving isn't great for that. Also I hope there will be a joystick option later on. More room and ultra-futuristic - while making perfect sense for self driving. Having it motorized/retractable would be a nice touch too. :D

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC