Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 pics from staff thank you party.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But as this is a separate thread, we might as well discuss details about those photos here, I noticed this image i particular:

22XuL77.jpg

The section of different material (the glossy part) used in the lower window frame looks like it could be a place for sensors/cameras?

What do you think?

Well, no, the section I meant is on the outside bottom window frame, and apart from that I would think that electrochromic glass
would be a more elegant and less error-prone approach than mechanical blinders?
I think it's just testing out various finishes. The mirror trim on one side are black and chrome on the other. Wouldn't get too hung up on analyzing the changes yet ;)

That interior is unbelievably minimalist. I have to think Unveil Pt.2 will solve that in whatever way. While this is the sort of thing you would expect for a self-driving interior, at least at first you'll still need to manually drive so looking down to the right while driving isn't great for that. Also I hope there will be a joystick option later on. More room and ultra-futuristic - while making perfect sense for self driving. Having it motorized/retractable would be a nice touch too. :D