Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S January 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lowtek

Jan 2, 2020
Alabama, USA
I'll just leave this here for everyone's enjoyment, speculation, amusement, etc ...

New Model S 2021.PNG

Elon’s "Many exciting things will be unveiled on Battery Day 9/22" commentary is throwing fuel on the fire. I, too, am excited but am trying to remain cautiously optimistic.
That’s exactly why I think it’ll be somewhat underwhelming. Elon isn’t exactly known for truth telling, in fact he’s known to over exaggerate, in my opinion if Elon has to hype the event up, it’s not going to be all that eventful.

I was thinking the opposite, I think it won’t live up to the hype.

Saying it will be interesting isn't the same as hyping it. Not sure where I was hyping it or claiming it will be spectacular in any way. I am curious and interested in the event and, based on the click and effort to post, you are too.

Elon almost certainly will have at least one surprise but the battery tech is what everyone is actually interested in hearing about.

Reactions: VikH
Saying it will be interesting isn't the same as hyping it. Not sure where I was hyping it or claiming it will be spectacular in any way. I am curious and interested in the event and, based on the click and effort to post, you are too.

Elon almost certainly will have at least one surprise but the battery tech is what everyone is actually interested in hearing about.
I didn’t mean you personally were hyping it, I meant the hype on this forum.

That’s exactly why I think it’ll be somewhat underwhelming. Elon isn’t exactly known for truth telling, in fact he’s known to over exaggerate, in my opinion if Elon has to hype the event up, it’s not going to be all that eventful.

I am also somewhat in this camp. neuralink was going to blow our minds per Elon before their last event. While it was cool not sure anyone’s mind was blown.

As far as I recall historically Elon’s superlatives have been the opposite. When he is quiet though watch out. A Roadster jumps out at you.

I didn’t mean you personally were hyping it, I meant the hype on this forum.

I see but will you still read about it afterwards or even tune in? I might not tune in but I am very interested. Not that I'll be buying a new model S. I might not ever buy a new model s but I'm still interested in the event. Hype is just part of the show with Tesla. I'm desensitized I guess or plain jaded.

I see but will you still read about it afterwards or even tune in? I might not tune in but I am very interested. Not that I'll be buying a new model S. I might not ever buy a new model s but I'm still interested in the event. Hype is just part of the show with Tesla. I'm desensitized I guess or plain jaded.
I probably will not tune in, but I’ll definitely read about it afterwards. I’m still curious what they have in store. I’m just keeping my expectations to a minimum.
I’m thinking we’ll see a small battery tech improvement that’s going to be coming sometime in the future, an update on the plaid model s which I think will be a repeat of what we already know. Certainly no specific timeline or release dates for anything. Maybe a roadster update but again nothing we don’t already know

Now a mind blowing event would be a plaid model s that you can order right after the event is over, and it’s got 500 miles of true range, 250kw charging capability and performance improvement over the current performance model.

Reactions: aerodyne and ICUDoc
I probably will not tune in, but I’ll definitely read about it afterwards. I’m still curious what they have in store. I’m just keeping my expectations to a minimum.
I’m thinking we’ll see a small battery tech improvement that’s going to be coming sometime in the future, an update on the plaid model s which I think will be a repeat of what we already know. Certainly no specific timeline or release dates for anything. Maybe a roadster update but again nothing we don’t already know

Now a mind blowing event would be a plaid model s that you can order right after the event is over, and it’s got 500 miles of true range, 250kw charging capability and performance improvement over the current performance model.
Newer S & X from 2020 can already charge at 250 kW since 2020.28.5 or so. Some older S & X can charge at up to 200 kW. Hopefully plaid will be capable of 350 kW or more.