Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model X can't get vSlacker radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my new "X" yesterday and when I hit streaming it asks for login credentials ..I called my SC and they gave me the Tesla login email and password , which of course do not work ? The car was delivered to my house in Michigan ,which has no SC , so I use Cleveland ...Repeated calls to Tesla service and the SC has presented no answer ..
Tunein does work . I have another Tesla X and everything worked "out of the box " radio wise .
Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

It took about 24 hrs before my Slacker account kicked in (even when my DS preemptively setup everything for me ahead of delivery). Just stay patient, it will work. If you still don't have it functioning after couple of days pester your DS!

This makes no sense. As far as I know you don’t need to login by default. You can but you shouldn’t. The Tesla credentials are if you want to login on the website to set something then logout and login in the car. The default is no login.

I’d call Customer Support and not the Service Center for things like this. The SC is for things that need them to touch the car. If it can be done remotely, call the support number.

Edit: saw you may have called already. Ask how you reset Slacker to default credentials.

This makes no sense. As far as I know you don’t need to login by default. You can but you shouldn’t. The Tesla credentials are if you want to login on the website to set something then logout and login in the car. The default is no login.

I’d call Customer Support and not the Service Center for things like this. The SC is for things that need them to touch the car. If it can be done remotely, call the support number.

Edit: saw you may have called already. Ask how you reset Slacker to default credentials.
From what I understand, the default credentials are unique to your car and tied to a pre-paid Plus account. The car logs in automatically using those credentials, but it sounds like his weren't setup yet on the Slacker side.

From what I understand, the default credentials are unique to your car and tied to a pre-paid Plus account. The car logs in automatically using those credentials, but it sounds like his weren't setup yet on the Slacker side.
Hm... my car has a ‘do you want to login’ option. I thought if you wanted ‘plus’ you had to pay for it and then use your own creds?

For example, that would allow you to skip backwards (replay), no? Which you can’t do with the free Tesla access? At least I don’t have that option.

Hm... my car has a ‘do you want to login’ option. I thought if you wanted ‘plus’ you had to pay for it and then use your own creds?

For example, that would allow you to skip backwards (replay), no? Which you can’t do with the free Tesla access? At least I don’t have that option.
Tesla gives you Plus, which is ad-free and lets you skip unlimited songs. If you switch from the Tesla creds to your personal login and pay for Premium ($9.99 vs. the Plus $3.99), you get additional features.

• Informative
Reactions: FarmerDave