Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y - Supercharger Charging Not Functioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to post this so others are aware when picking up their model y. Make sure supercharging works if you are planning on going on a trip. I didn’t see any other similar postings.

We took delivery of our model Y on October 8th. Didn’t think to test charging at supercharging. Had a little issue getting home plug latched but a little force fixed the issue.

Left for a trip Thursday and got to first super charger and car wouldn’t charge. Tried a couple stalls. Luckily was able to make it back home.

Brought it in for service. Even drove to super charger with them to make sure it wasn’t user. (Had an x before this so not my first rodeo). They have it for diagnosis and hope to get it back Next week. Trip obviously cancelled at this point.

Salt Lake City service is awesome. But phone help ugh.

Just awareness on a possible issue and something to double check with a new vehicle before going on a long trip.

When I picked up my Model Y in Paramus, NJ in September I noticed that it was only charged to 80%. I mentioned it to my delivery person and they had me plug into one of their Superchargers and charge to 90% for free. So I knew on day one that Supercharging would work.

That is good advice for all Tesla buyers. We went to a supercharger on our way home from taking delivery of our Y. Another piece of advice I heard was to make sure your credit card is linked to your Tesla account before taking delivery. For some new owners this has been what gave them problems trying to supercharge.

Reactions: jsight
The first thing I did. Charged it to the toon of $.86 just to see if my charge card worked with the supercharger. Never thought the supercharger might not function properly.

Excellent post for the newbies.

TAM: Are you retired? I noticed you have over 8,000 posts in 8 years. That's almost 3 posts a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

Wow. Just wow. I thought I was posting a lot with 134 posts in 5 years. Guess not.