Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MS LR - adhesive residue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up MS LR two days ago. Lots of smudges on the car but not a big deal. But there was very dry adhesive residue leftover from protective wrap on both rear hips/sides of the car.

SC said they couldn’t take it off and said may have to send car to a detail shop just to be safe and they may have to buff it out!

I am thinking car may have sat on the lot too long in the sun to cause this. Car show mfgr date of 7/21, VIN 436xxx

Anything I can try myself?

Attachments

• 275BDE7D-0BF5-41E2-9B63-A57A2AD485EF.jpeg
    275BDE7D-0BF5-41E2-9B63-A57A2AD485EF.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 138
That should come off, no problem. Tesla and many manufacturers have had to build cars and hold onto them for awhile until chips or parts come in due to the parts shortages. The car is still the same. I wouldn't worry about the time lapse to deliver if they or you remove the adhesive.

Reactions: DX-MS21
Maybe GooGone but check that it's safe for paint first. I don't see why it wouldn't be, but always good to do a test section and double check. Use a microfiber and go in line with small movements over the glue, you can gently use your fingernail through the microfiber if it's stubborn. You might need to buff it after, but I doubt it.

Reactions: DX-MS21