Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New NC liscence plates haven't shown up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While not an exact situation, I did pickup my car at Charlotte and got NC temp plates valid for 30 days. My delivery was 12/30 and I received my package of registration info via FedEx on Saturday, January 24th, which I used to register the car in SC. They told me the paperwork would take 25 days and that’s the best schedule adherence of anything from Tesla so far in this entire experience. :)

• Funny
Reactions: ChrisC
FWIW when I took delivery of mine in NC (back in 2018) it turns out Tesla had forgotten to get the car inspected before delivery.

(this is actually illegal, but they did it anyway).

Tesla didn't say anything until I asked, with a week left on my temp tag, where my tags were.

They said oops- you need to go take it and get it inspected.

Once I did they got the plates and overnighted them to me

I'd hope that's no longer happening, but figured I'd mention it.

Here we go again.... My 30-day temporary license plates expired a week ago, I didn't receive new permanent plates and of course, no one is picking up a phone in Ralegh, NC. I went to NC DMV license plate location and the lady that works there shows absolutely no records under my name from Tesla requesting new plates! She recommended that I file a complaint against a Tesla dealer with NC DMV Inspector. Can Tesla do anything right?

I share your pain. I'm in South Carolina, picked up my M3 from Matthews on 5/25, have dealer tag that expires in two days, and no license plate or registration for South Carolina. After calling Matthews for the past two weeks and never being able to speak with an actual person, I found someone today who tells me they will have to overnight me a new dealer tag because all the other paperwork has gone to California and no one can say when I can expect the plate/reg. It really sucks being in a state where Tesla can't do business.