Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ModelS1079,
Isn't 120kWh an amount of power in 1 hour and not current?
Power=Volts x Amps

UOTE=ModelS1079;627752]Pleibic, the SC is 120kW, which is the rate of charging - 120kWh is the amount of current provided in one hour. Yeah I know you know that, but we want the NH DOT to be on their toes when they submit That request...

Robert, I also arrived home with 3 miles on a similar trip, albeit just after I received my car and I and tried to drive 208 miles on a 224 mile charge in 16 degrees and heavy snow. But to have that charger in Charleton will be awesome. Opens western mass, NY state, and secures all trips to NYC and surrounding areas.

The SC in Bourne and SC on the way to the 93 ski areas are in desparate need and will led to a real burst of Tesla activity into these areas. Hope hope hope they can get these done before July 4th and summer. Isn't that where we all vacation at some point - many points perhaps- every year? Arrived at a 30A at Indian Head Resort near Loon Mointain with 8 miles last New Years Day, and on the Cape I plug into a 12A and.......wait. And wait. And wait... And there is just nohing worse than showing the car to I fellow vacationers and being unable or afraid to drive it with them because of that Creamasteric Range Reflex. You know, this is the thing - the Tesla sells itself better than anywhere else when it is in a Vacation area: The mountains, the lakes, the beach. Let's all SC and get there.

Colleagues, I will let you study up on the Creamasteric Range Reflex. . There will be a Quiz.[/QUOTE]

New England above 95 is a wasteland. What are they thinking? As far as I have heard, there are no permits or anything for NE superchargers. One is going in near Albany.

I grew up in New England and got my BA at Colby College in Maine. My family all still resides there and my brother is (im)patiently waiting for the Portland area SC and an AWD Tesla (S or X) before placing his order. I would like to travel to the 'lakes' region in New Hampshire where we meet up every summer. I am not insensitive to your/his plight. However, TM will only realize their mission if they are 'big' in China so it does not surprise me that there will be multiple SCs in China before we see one north of Boston. As an owner it is frustrating. As a stockholder and person wishing to see EVs become mainstream, I understand/accept.

I grew up in New England and got my BA at Colby College in Maine. My family all still resides there and my brother is (im)patiently waiting for the Portland area SC and an AWD Tesla (S or X) before placing his order. I would like to travel to the 'lakes' region in New Hampshire where we meet up every summer. I am not insensitive to your/his plight. However, TM will only realize their mission if they are 'big' in China so it does not surprise me that there will be multiple SCs in China before we see one north of Boston. As an owner it is frustrating. As a stockholder and person wishing to see EVs become mainstream, I understand/accept.

Colby's in Waterville, Maine, to be exact. Put a Supercharger at the Maine Mall in South Portland and it's comfortably reachable. And I have no doubt that if the Model E makes it, some of the students would have one. Robert's also mentioned that he visits people in the same area.

It'd also make the Sugarloaf ski area accessible for people with a cabin there who could charge.

Then the Bangor Mall would open up Bar Harbor and Mt Desert Island, with Acadia National Park, which is a very popular area.

(Robert and others have also suggested a chsrger on US-1, the popular coastal route,)

Maine won't see many Model S or X sales, but as a popular tourist destination and a place with many vacation homes it naturally would need Superchsrger access or Tesla would have lost sales.

There are certainly other priorities, but it looks like Tesla's going to miss another tourist season.

Colby's in Waterville, Maine, to be exact. Put a Supercharger at the Maine Mall in South Portland and it's comfortably reachable. And I have no doubt that if the Model E makes it, some of the students would have one. Robert's also mentioned that he visits people in the same area.

It'd also make the Sugarloaf ski area accessible for people with a cabin there who could charge.

Then the Bangor Mall would open up Bar Harbor and Mt Desert Island, with Acadia National Park, which is a very popular area.

(Robert and others have also suggested a chsrger on US-1, the popular coastal route,)

Maine won't see many Model S or X sales, but as a popular tourist destination and a place with many vacation homes it naturally would need Superchsrger access or Tesla would have lost sales.

There are certainly other priorities, but it looks like Tesla's going to miss another tourist season.

I vote for 'Freeport' and then you can charge while at 'Bean':wink:

ModelS1079,
Isn't 120kWh an amount of power in 1 hour and not current?
Power=Volts x Amps

UOTE=ModelS1079;627752]Pleibic, the SC is 120kW, which is the rate of charging - 120kWh is the amount of current provided in one hour. Yeah I know you know that, but we want the NH DOT to be on their toes when they submit That request...
OK. Physics time. Watts are a unit of power, which is an instantaneous measure equivalent to Volts (electric potential) X Amps (electric current) at any given time. When integrated over time, it becomes a measure of energy, or Wh. When you have a 1,000 of them, they are a kWh. As noted before, I left out the h, much to my chagrin.

A 100W light bulb at peak brightness (120V x 0.83 Amp) running for an hour uses 100Wh of energy or 0.1 kWh. So, if your car is running at 17.64 kW (instantaneous power) it can run for 4.82 h with the available 85 kWh (available energy), which works out to 55 mph at a range of 265 miles. Assuming a constant rate, no hills, etc. In a perfect world. The equivalent of 176 light bulbs.

This is my penance for my error.

Thank you for your email. The Northeast is a top priority for our team. We currently have multiple sites under development throughout New England and are working to energize them as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, our experience encountering and overcoming issues through all phases of the site acquisition and deployment process has led us to prefer communicating firm timing only once we are 100% sure a specific site will be ready. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to enabling routes throughout the region this year.

Thanks,
Tesla Supercharger Team

A lot of time has gone by and we still have very few New England superchargers outside the NYC area, though I'm thankful we at least have one in E. Greenwich RI. The Tesla map shows "coming soon" for Sagamore, MA, Sturbridge, MA, and Portsmouth NH (approximate locations), but it seems to me we'll be lucky to use any of them by the end of "2014", since supercharge.info is not showing permits at any of those sites. There is something going on at Hooksett, NH, but it doesn't appear to be Tesla sponsored.

What say we stir up a lot of traffic here and see if we can't register on Tesla's map of areas needing attention and get them to pull some permits and build these sites!

A lot of time has gone by and we still have very few New England superchargers outside the NYC area, though I'm thankful we at least have one in E. Greenwich RI. The Tesla map shows "coming soon" for Sagamore, MA, Sturbridge, MA, and Portsmouth NH (approximate locations), but it seems to me we'll be lucky to use any of them by the end of "2014", since supercharge.info is not showing permits at any of those sites. There is something going on at Hooksett, NH, but it doesn't appear to be Tesla sponsored.

What say we stir up a lot of traffic here and see if we can't register on Tesla's map of areas needing attention and get them to pull some permits and build these sites!

How does one go about finding out if a site has been permitted for a Tesla Supercharger?

Hooksett planners said they were working to get a Tesla charging station. If it is a normal 220v, it probably wouldn't be worth sitting there for an hour to gain 20-30 miles.

Send comments and ideas to [email protected], and recommend Supercharger sites at Supercharger Site Recommendations.

I spent some time trying to find any permits for Kittery. The town doesn't have any on-line permit system, however; the only thing that hits the internet is if there's a Zoning Board Appeal. There have been no appeals relevant for Tesla, which is either good news (no problem getting permits) or bad news (no permits filed yet).

I spent some time trying to find any permits for Kittery. The town doesn't have any on-line permit system, however; the only thing that hits the internet is if there's a Zoning Board Appeal. There have been no appeals relevant for Tesla, which is either good news (no problem getting permits) or bad news (no permits filed yet).

Maybe try Portsmouth, NH? There's a big mall off I95/RT16, perfect for trips to ski country, and they have that deal with the mall property owner.. Also, a lot more power available at the mall site, not to mention restaurants etc.

My brother has lived in Portland,ME. for a number of years and knows many of the local pols. I will ask him to look into building permits for us. I assume that the Portland Mall would be the #1 possible site? Also, does TM get permits issued in their name? Thanks.

My brother has lived in Portland,ME. for a number of years and knows many of the local pols. I will ask him to look into building permits for us. I assume that the Portland Mall would be the #1 possible site? Also, does TM get permits issued in their name? Thanks.

The Maine Mall is in South Portland, so you'd need information from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe try Portsmouth, NH? There's a big mall off I95/RT16, perfect for trips to ski country, and they have that deal with the mall property owner.. Also, a lot more power available at the mall site, not to mention restaurants etc.

The Fox Run Mall in Portsmouth is Simon's.

First they need to get a charger somewhere in MA.

Last edited:
I live in Kennebunk ME and work in Portsmouth NH. I look for new construction every day on my way to work. I searched online for building permits but found nothing. The Kennebunk exit goes right past the rest area so I check it out everyday. My work is five minutes from the mall and I can scout it out any day if needed.