Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That must be the garage where the owner already has a Chademo and 80A Clipper Creek? This deal is interesting in some respects. The garage owner has little to gain except good will. I think most Superchargers are installed at business locations that want more customers. Be sure and tell him how much we appreciate his efforts!
I'll neither confirm nor deny the exact location, but the owner is doing this out of goodwill, not to earn a profit. In fact, he's giving up revenue, as he'll earn less leasing the spots to Tesla than the average monthly revenue per spot, and he's giving away free parking.

I'll neither confirm nor deny the exact location, but the owner is doing this out of goodwill, not to earn a profit. In fact, he's giving up revenue, as he'll earn less leasing the spots to Tesla than the average monthly revenue per spot, and he's giving away free parking.

Please ensure he realizes how grateful we all are of his generosity, this is going to be a HUGE asset!

That must be the garage where the owner already has a Chademo and 80A Clipper Creek? This deal is interesting in some respects. The garage owner has little to gain except good will. I think most Superchargers are installed at business locations that want more customers. Be sure and tell him how much we appreciate his efforts!

He knows and he's shared your frustration. He really does want this: he knows that it's going to cost him money, but is OK with it. I was having a conversation with him when he mentioned that he was in negotiation with Tesla and naturally I was excited and ready to share with this site. At the time he was hopeful it'd be agreed the week after, but asked that I not say anything yet. I've respected his wishes and (somehow) held off saying anything, but now Robert's let the cat out of the bag so I can say. :D

I've been checking in with an email every week or two since late September. It took until 2 weeks ago to get the lease agreement sorted, but now it's just a matter of Tesla needing to get information from CMP (the utility) and do a final check and that should seal the deal.

9/26: not received final lease as hoped
10/10: lease still with Tesla legal department (aside: looking into trading in to get a P85D)
10/24: believes last remaining lease issue is solved
10/31: hopeful final iteration was sent the previous day
11/07: lease agreement is done; now need site visit from Tesla and CMP to confirm all OK
11/14: Tesla contact called away to deal with another site issue; Tesla needs some information from CMP

I think the timeline is informative, for people wondering why it's all taking so damned long.

So, as long as they can solve any technical issues, it'll move onto the "The site's agreed, why is it taking so long to begin construction?" stage. :p

Notes on the location:
- winter construction won't be a problem.
- plenty of stuff around for Model S owners unless you're there in the middle of the night.
- not right-by-the-Interstate convenient, but the location is easy to get to.

EDIT 11/21: not enough room for larger transformer on site; will first check his neighboring site to see if it can go there; hoping for resolution in next couple of weeks. I passed on some of the thanks from this thread.

EDIT 12/5: transformer issue not yet resolved, but has received information about possible solution

Last edited:
He knows and he's shared your frustration. He really does want this: he knows that it's going to cost him money, but is OK with it. I was having a conversation with him when he mentioned that he was in negotiation with Tesla and naturally I was excited and ready to share with this site. At the time he was hopeful it'd be agreed the week after, but asked that I not say anything yet. I've respected his wishes and (somehow) held off saying anything, but now Robert's let the cat out of the bag so I can say. :D

I've been checking in with an email every week or two since late September. It took until 2 weeks ago to get the lease agreement sorted, but now it's just a matter of Tesla needing to get information from CMP (the utility) and do a final check and that should seal the deal.

9/26: not received final lease as hoped
10/10: lease still with Tesla legal department (aside: looking into trading in to get a P85D)
10/24: believes last remaining lease issue is solved
10/31: hopeful final iteration was sent the previous day
11/07: lease agreement is done; now need site visit from Tesla and CMP to confirm all OK
11/14: Tesla contact called away to deal with another site issue; Tesla needs some information from CMP

I think the timeline is informative, for people wondering why it's all taking so damned long.

So, as long as they can solve any technical issues, it'll move onto the "The site's agreed, why is it taking so long to begin construction?" stage. :p

Notes on the location:
- winter construction won't be a problem.
- plenty of stuff around for Model S owners unless you're there in the middle of the night.
- not right-by-the-Interstate convenient, but the location is easy to get to.

Hmmm This is good evidence that Tesla needs more bandwidth in their site acquisition group to speed up Supercharger installs!

Is the garage really giving up revenue? Shouldn't you be comparing these spaces to spots that are usually empty? What's the average occupancy rate? They'll lose the first hour which might hurt them when they would otherwise be full. I suspect they will make that up from Tesla owners who stay more than one hour that might otherwise never have parked there.

I'm not denying that he's doing it mostly for goodwill although I didn't know Tesla paid lease fees. I thought they mostly got those spaces for free. I appreciate his efforts and I hope you communicate that to him.

How can we show our appreciation to this garage owner besides just thanking him through @Robert.Boston and @ItsNotAboutTheMoney?

1) If he hasn't already traded, offer him a sweet deal on his loaded P85 so he can get a P85D.
2) Charge your car for an hour and 1 minute so he gets some parking revenue. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Is the garage really giving up revenue? Shouldn't you be comparing these spaces to spots that are usually empty? What's the average occupancy rate? They'll lose the first hour which might hurt them when they would otherwise be full. I suspect they will make that up from Tesla owners who stay more than one hour that might otherwise never have parked there.

I'm not denying that he's doing it mostly for goodwill although I didn't know Tesla paid lease fees. I thought they mostly got those spaces for free. I appreciate his efforts and I hope you communicate that to him.

Sometimes they're free, sometimes they pay. At Savannah airport they're paying $100/mo/spot, others are $50/mo/spot.

He's serious about supporting electric cars. Not only does he have a P85 but before that he already two Volts. I'm sure he did the basic math on the parking, but since he didn't really care how much he was giving up probably didn't bother with the average occupancy.

Last edited:
I just want to express appreciation to Tesla for responding so well to our howling about New England needing attention. With SCs under construction in Paramus NJ, W. Hartford, CT, and Auburn, MA, not to mention the "unofficial" SC at Hooksett, NH, an inland route has been opened up all the way to the Green and White Mountains, assuming some destination charging must exist up there, somewhere. Three of these were not even on the plan a year ago, so this is a tremendous response to the expressed need. Bravo, Tesla!

I just want to express appreciation to Tesla for responding so well to our howling about New England needing attention. With SCs under construction in Paramus NJ, W. Hartford, CT, and Auburn, MA, not to mention the "unofficial" SC at Hooksett, NH, an inland route has been opened up all the way to the Green and White Mountains, assuming some destination charging must exist up there, somewhere. Three of these were not even on the plan a year ago, so this is a tremendous response to the expressed need. Bravo, Tesla!

Has anybody heard updates about Hooksett? Still nothing on Tesla's map.

Has anybody heard updates about Hooksett? Still nothing on Tesla's map.
As of last week, there was no sign of any new electrical gear, trenching for conduits, or any other indications of charging station construction on either side of the highway.

I drive though there at least twice a week; I will report at the first sign of any construction.

EDIT: Still no obvious signs @ Hooksett (northbound or southbound) as of today.

Last edited:
It's confirmed by nhdot

David Smith, P.E. who's in charge of the Hooksett, NH rest area project clearly said that Tesla and NHDOT is working to get the superchargers there. The location will be behind the building if approaching southbound/northbound. You also have every right to ask a government contractor on what's going on. Don't spam David Smith inbox. On another note, a few other J1772 chargers or maybe DC chargers will be installed. Here is where it goes:

http://www.nh.gov/dot/org/operations/turnpikes/ort/hooksett15970.htm - Project Site

Approaching the NB side:
teslanbsupercharger.png

Approaching the SB side:
teslaSBsupercharger.png

As of last week, there was no sign of any new electrical gear, trenching for conduits, or any other indications of charging station construction on either side of the highway.

I drive though there at least twice a week; I will report at the first sign of any construction.

EDIT: Still no obvious signs @ Hooksett (northbound or southbound) as of today.

Going back to the topic of West Lebanon/Hanover/White River JCT supercharging locations, I've digged up through each town Planning Board meeting minutes and have not seen any discussion on the Tesla SuperCharger location. I understand it's on the map showing it'll be by the end of the year. Today is the month of Dec. 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to the topic of West Lebanon/Hanover/White River JCT supercharging locations, I've digged up through each town Planning Board meeting minutes and have not seen any discussion on the Tesla SuperCharger location. I understand it's on the map showing it'll be by the end of the year. Today is the month of Dec. 2014.

If I'm not mistaken Brattleboro and Hookset don't appear on any map. Is there any chance that they decided to drop White River JCT once they went those two new sites?

(Not that I would agree with that. I think they should even develop I-91 further with a site at Magog on the Quebec autoroute 55 side).

If I'm not mistaken Brattleboro and Hookset don't appear on any map. Is there any chance that they decided to drop White River JCT once they went those two new sites?

(Not that I would agree with that. I think they should even develop I-91 further with a site at Magog on the Quebec autoroute 55 side).
I sure hope not! WRJ / West Lebanon is still a major crossroads. While it's only 60-70 miles from WRJ to either Hookset (on I-89) or Brattleboro (on I-91), it's still a strategic location. It's easy to get to WRJ on a single charge from Boston (~125 miles) or Hartford (~150 miles).

Looking at California, the density of SuperCharger spacing is often 50-60 miles. I hope that Tesla is willing to keep that density in the Northeast.

(btw, Hookset and Brattleboro are on supercharge.info but not on any official Tesla map.)