Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y'all New Englanders have sort of been neglected IMO. There is so much wonderful vacationing up north in your parts even though there isn't necessarily a high concentration of resident owners probabally much north of Boston/Natick/Watertown.

Last edited:
Y'all New Englanders have sort of been neglected IMO. There is so much wonderful vacationing up north in your parts even though there isn't necessarily a high concentration of resident owners probabally much north of Boston/Natick/Watertown.

Maybe not residents, but I'd expect quite a few vacationers. (The 3 Northern New England states have the highest percentage of homes as vacations homes in the country: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire.)

I think Portland would be a place for many 'D' series S and the upcoming X. Typically, young, affluent, growing area. They need a Service Center/Gallery and an SC. Now that the AWD has been produced I think TM will find this area a good place to sell their cars.

Also, I believe that many S owners from the tri-state area would/will utilize the "supers" in New England on a regular basis for both winter and summer trips/vacations. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending how you look at it, there is a reason why in recent years there are as many as (3) darn :cursing: cruise ships anchored at the same time "outside" Bar Harbor as many others have discovered some of y'all's gems.

IMO, "supers" in Portsmouth or Kittery and Portland would just be swell.

Quite frankly, I am at a complete loss as to other owners suggesting super sites to suit their *own* day/round-tripping needs while many frequently traveled areas in the U.S. are still an EV charging wasteland.

Btw, I think the U.S. Suoercharger Team is phenomenal with their aggressive build-out accomplishments/schedules !

Last edited:
It has become an almost regular occurrence to see a NJ car at the West Hartford CT charger. I am also certain that the just opened Auburn site will be seeing a lot of usage. It is essentially in the middle of the state, on the MA pike heading East to West. Sure there is the Sagamore site, but that this more to serve the Cape Cod traffic. So Auburn is really the only in-route charger as of this moment.

Once West Springfield comes on line, that will serve both the MA traffic, RT 91 traffic.

I drove by the Hartford CT chargers the other day (Sunday). They appeared to be working as there were several Model S's there. There were at least 2 spots that were ICE'd. However, it should be said the the spots are a little tricky to get into. The access road is narrow and they're angled towards the adjacent lane. I believe it's literally in Red Robin's backyard which can be a good thing. I was going to back into one (even though it really wasn't necessary) to quickly test out everything.

My reason for performing the dry run is I'm going to be taking another trip to Poughkeepsie and wanted to know exactly where they were. I will say, they do appear to be busy...

One of my reliable sources (a TMC member and Tesla owner, who does not post much) has informed me that Salisbury, MA and Augusta, ME are on the way! I'm not sure what is happening to Portsmouth, NH or Portland, ME, but these do look to be pretty good locations for continuing north on I-95.

Auburn, MA to Augusta, ME - Google Maps

View attachment 67489

With Salisbury, Auburn, and Sagamore, there is quite a ring of Superchargers developing around Boston.

Egads, how did I miss this post! If you have any hints on the Augusta location., I'd be happy to check on construction progress..

Augusta is a good connection place, since exit 113 takes you (through 2 rotaries) to route 3 across to Belfast. There's also the Belgrade lakes area nearby. But, wherever any Supercharger site goes you'll probably not have options because the area likely won't be walkable. There are some hotels near Exits 109 and 112 that could support one, or mall areas where there'd be plenty of parking. The Target could be a location: it has a Starbucks open 8am to 9pm (store hours) every day, and the parking lot is huge for the traffic they get. I pass by it every evening. I could ask my pooler if he'd mind a slight diversion tomorrow... :p It'd be dark though. :(

Egads, how did I miss this post! If you have any hints on the Augusta location., I'd be happy to check on construction progress..

Augusta is a good connection place, since exit 113 takes you (through 2 rotaries) to route 3 across to Belfast. There's also the Belgrade lakes area nearby. But, wherever any Supercharger site goes you'll probably not have options because the area likely won't be walkable. There are some hotels near Exits 109 and 112 that could support one, or mall areas where there'd be plenty of parking. The Target could be a location: it has a Starbucks open 8am to 9pm (store hours) every day, and the parking lot is huge for the traffic they get.
The Senator Inn has a very good restaurant and lots of parking, directly off Exit 109. It'd be a little better location than up at Exit 112, as one can then continue east on US 202/ME 100 into Augusta and on to China or Belfast, respectively.

Nothing in the Augusta Planning Board site about Superchargers yet. Salisbury MA doesn't appear to keep planning documents on its website.

The Senator Inn has a very good restaurant and lots of parking, directly off Exit 109. It'd be a little better location than up at Exit 112, as one can then continue east on US 202/ME 100 into Augusta and on to China or Belfast, respectively.

Nothing in the Augusta Planning Board site about Superchargers yet. Salisbury MA doesn't appear to keep planning documents on its website.

What I did see on the Augusta planning site was that:
- There was a planning request for an actual Starbucks drive-thru (Augusta currently has two in-store Starbucks (Target and B&N)). It would be sited in the area between the entrance (by the Senator) and exit to the mall area.
- There was a planning request for a new Homewood Suites hotel on White Rice Lane, off Western Ave (on the Manchester/dealership side of I-95), close to where the Valero gas station is. There's a Super 8 a little farther along, and a Hampton Inn and Motel 6 on the other side of Western Ave.

I wasn't sure of the rear parking at the Senator since I've only parked in front. And that mall area is actually walkable, although hilly, and has crosswalks, so you would be able to get from the Senator lot to the new Starbucks or Target Starbucks.

Anyway, I'm going to make a slight diversion on my drive home to check for signs in the Target parking lot.

Spoke with Lisa Pearson the Planning Director of Salisbury MA, no Tesla Supercharger plans have been presented to the town yet. Tesla could be still discussing with a private owner? Maybe not happening here?

Last edited: