Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Petition to White House Requesting Direct Tesla Sales in All States

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Approximately 9 days+ left.

So... It'll need 9,851 signatures per day, or 411 signatures per hour, or 7 signatures per minute. (Constant)

Not happening. Whoever started it on 5th June should have pushed it out straight away.

It's like making a successful youtube video. You need virality to reach 100,000 views quickly.

I have added at least a dozen more signatures by asking my family members and friends (via personal e-maisl rather than using Facebook). If every Model S owners get 8 to 10 more signatures, then we could easily achieve the 100,000 mark.

Sure. Between us, Musk and the numerous celebrities who have a MS, it's certainly doable. Just needs a plan...

Another Petition- But This Time We Might Have A Chance At 25,000 Signatures

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ell-directly-consumers-all-50-states/bFN7NHQR

This is a petition to allow Tesla to sell directly to consumers in all 50 states. We have 16,724 signatures as of now, and need 25,000 by July 5 (8 days) in order to guarantee a response. Lets make this petition a success. Please sign and get your family and friends on board and support the company you believe in!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ell-directly-consumers-all-50-states/bFN7NHQR

This is a petition to allow Tesla to sell directly to consumers in all 50 states. We have 16,724 signatures as of now, and need 25,000 by July 5 (8 days) in order to guarantee a response. Lets make this petition a success. Please sign and get your family and friends on board and support the company you believe in!

18,378 now, it starts to snowball. But will 25,000 signatures guarantee a response? I thought the number was 100,000 (it used to be 25,000, but I guess that threshold turned out to be too low).

Yeah, it has really taken off today. Right now it's going at approximately the pace it would need to maintain in order to hit 100k in time. What's not yet clear is whether this is a temporary boost due to some unknown linkage to the petition or if it's going viral and will speed up from here.