TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Rear Bucket Seats?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by 3s-a-charm, Jan 5, 2015.

1. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Just looking at the photos recently taken that show back seats with what appear to be buckets and no centre headrest (which has been quite an issue around here at least). Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

I bet this is a prototype rear seat for the Chinese market. There was noise last year that high income earners in China get chauffeured a lot and would prefer a more relaxing rear seat experience. There is also supposedly a console between those two seats... very interesting.

3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Looks like it. There's been a VIN digit for this configuration for awhile now.

4. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

#4 3s-a-charm, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Any images of these seats anywhere?? I would have ordered these for sure! Maybe the temporary seats in my D can be replaced with these instead of the next-gen back seats?? :)

5. sataponw

sataponw Member

Could this be the rear "executive" seats that the manual (the new one, not sure if it was in the old one or not) is referring to?