Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2861.jpeg
Broke my charge port door. So I got a brand new one from Tesla for $85.

Last edited:
Looks like Evoffer is now selling oem matrix for pre-refresh. So did they modify the light or just create a harness ?

Looks like Evoffer is now selling oem matrix for pre-refresh. So did they modify the light or just create a harness ?

The description mentions a decoder for the early models. So I'm guessing they've deciphered the various LIN signals and are translating those.

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
Just finished getting them to finally work on my 21 plaid! First of all I cannot thank Alpharex enough! These guys told me exactly what to buy. They tried to get me to wait for the harness, but I insisted so they insisted on helping me. One of the resistors showed up late, but they even checked in on me to see how progress was going. Customer service is amazing. no thanks to TSportline.. these guys got right on it. I’ll post a YouTube video with detailed directions and try and have it up tomorrow. I’ll post some videos of them at night once it gets dark. Obviously I got the smoke and they look great on Black!
View attachment 1053971View attachment 1053972View attachment 1053973
I tried to pull the trigger but ended up a bit confused about the placement of some of the resistors

To my understanding:

- the 2 Ohm .25W resistors will be a total of 6: 2 on each outer light (1 on the green wire and 1 on the yellow wire) and 1 on each inner light (green wire)
- the 50 Ohm 10W resistors (orange) will be a total of 2: needs to be installed within the wiring of the car before reaching the other 2 Ohm resistor, using T-Taps? This is where i am a bit lost. Does it tap from within the wire of the car, a yellow wire? And there was a mention "not to need to cut the wire"
-
The 3rd brake light resistor -- I am a bit lost there
- The 0.5 Ohm 100W resistors (green) will be a total of 2: 1 on each of the outer lights, through the yellow wire (that connects with the large plug)

am I correct?

update: I understand now the portion of the 3rd brake light based off this photo from an earlier post

1718077489900.png

Doing some more digging around throughout the thread to gather all the necessary info in one place, will update!

Last edited:

For me 2017 MS is the B version LHD. So, it looks like straight PNP. Do you know if it is the same scenario if I get the Matrix headlights from Ebay for around ~$600 the pair and get the harness? I'm hoping for a straight PNP.

This is for 2021 variant C which is not PNP.
* For Variant C cars, we offer like new headlight sets + adapter wire + car config change.
You need to prepare a laptop running Windows system and a Ethernet to Ethernet Cable for car config.

For me 2017 MS is the B version LHD. So, it looks like straight PNP. Do you know if it is the same scenario if I get the Matrix headlights from Ebay for around ~$600 the pair and get the harness? I'm hoping for a straight PNP.

This is for 2021 variant C which is not PNP.
* For Variant C cars, we offer like new headlight sets + adapter wire + car config change.
You need to prepare a laptop running Windows system and a Ethernet to Ethernet Cable for car config.
I believe evoffer modified the adapters. I don’t believe they sell them separately

Reactions: Aziatiklover
I tried to pull the trigger but ended up a bit confused about the placement of some of the resistors

To my understanding:

- the 2 Ohm .25W resistors will be a total of 6: 2 on each outer light (1 on the green wire and 1 on the yellow wire) and 1 on each inner light (green wire)
- the 50 Ohm 10W resistors (orange) will be a total of 2: needs to be installed within the wiring of the car before reaching the other 2 Ohm resistor, using T-Taps? This is where i am a bit lost. Does it tap from within the wire of the car, a yellow wire? And there was a mention "not to need to cut the wire"
-
The 3rd brake light resistor -- I am a bit lost there
- The 0.5 Ohm 100W resistors (green) will be a total of 2: 1 on each of the outer lights, through the yellow wire (that connects with the large plug)

am I correct?

update: I understand now the portion of the 3rd brake light based off this photo from an earlier post

View attachment 1055387

Doing some more digging around throughout the thread to gather all the necessary info in one place, will update!

So the 50ohm 10w resistor will install before the 2ohm resistor. One wire from the 50ohm 10w resistor will tap into the yellow and the other wire of the 50ohm 10w resistor will tap into the black/ground wire. Everything else u have it wired right

So the 50ohm 10w resistor will install before the 2ohm resistor. One wire from the 50ohm 10w resistor will tap into the yellow and the other wire of the 50ohm 10w resistor will tap into the black/ground wire. Everything else u have it wired right
Appreciated

Pre-soldering on the tail lights side will be initiated tonight, i'll post pictures when done, so that can help others taking care of theirs when they get the chance

Here is my initial soldering process with the 0.2ohm resistors
Selected the yellow and green wires of the outer light

IMG_3604.jpeg

Snip-snip!
IMG_3608.jpeg

Swapped the shrik tubes cause the blue ones were too damn thin lol

Yellow completed, on to the green
IMG_3627.jpeg

IMG_3628.jpeg

Outer light: Green and yellow completed
IMG_3629.jpeg

Next, inner light (you see 2 green wires, however it’s a single one spliced into two. The one to select is hoing to the large plug

IMG_3621.jpeg

IMG_3622.jpeg

Done. Repeated the process for the other lights, total: 6x 0.2 ohm resistors
IMG_3623.jpeg

100W resistor for the center tail light was a breeze
IMG_3637.jpeg

Next up, i’ll attack the yellow resistors (50 ohm 10W resistors on the car side using T-Taps

Last edited: