Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_8265.jpeg
IMG_8263.jpeg
IMG_8260.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8263.jpeg
    IMG_8263.jpeg
    594.5 KB · Views: 9
update for us troubled 2021 refresh peeps. been in contact with alpharex since i got the tail lights last week, they were nice enough to come to my house this evening and install the needed resistors. everything works well now. here’s the resistors.

View attachment 1052489View attachment 1052490

You must be the other owner in FV that Nelson and Greg visited :p they came to my house Friday to do the same mod. Super cool guys. They are dealing with a storm of buyers right now and trying to make things right. Future versions will have the resistors built into the board. The patch is for the handful of people that are like you and I. @interbear99 is also another that will be doing it DIY with their parts.

Stay patient guys, they are trying to put this fire out as best as they can.

You must be the other owner in FV that Nelson and Greg visited :p they came to my house Friday to do the same mod. Super cool guys. They are dealing with a storm of buyers right now and trying to make things right. Future versions will have the resistors built into the board. The patch is for the handful of people that are like you and I. @interbear99 is also another that will be doing it DIY with their parts.

Stay patient guys, they are trying to put this fire out as best as they can.
We have good news!!

Alpharex has been very supportive and genuine in getting a solution for me. They shipped me a pair of 2 ohm resistors that a friend of mine helped me wire in-line with the green power cable coming from the inner tail lights. They also shipped me a new third brake harness that also has a resistor wired into it. Next, the shipped me two plug and play harness extensions for the outer lights, which simply plugged in and went to the harness.

Everything works perfectly!!!

The entire process of installing lights, routing the connecting wires through the trunk grommet/roof, and extending the connecting wire along with soldering in the resistors took from 7pm to 1am. No joke.

This is definitely not a quick or easy project, but the end results are worth it. I’ll post pics of what was shipped to me as well, but I have no clue what kind of resistors were sent other than the 2 ohm ones that I wired in.
IMG_6475.jpeg
IMG_6476.jpeg
IMG_6477.jpeg

We have good news!!

Alpharex has been very supportive and genuine in getting a solution for me. They shipped me a pair of 2 ohm resistors that a friend of mine helped me wire in-line with the green power cable coming from the inner tail lights. They also shipped me a new third brake harness that also has a resistor wired into it. Next, the shipped me two plug and play harness extensions for the outer lights, which simply plugged in and went to the harness.

Everything works perfectly!!!

The entire process of installing lights, routing the connecting wires through the trunk grommet/roof, and extending the connecting wire along with soldering in the resistors took from 7pm to 1am. No joke.

This is definitely not a quick or easy project, but the end results are worth it. I’ll post pics of what was shipped to me as well, but I have no clue what kind of resistors were sent other than the 2 ohm ones that I wired in. View attachment 1052881View attachment 1052883View attachment 1052885

I wonder why alpharex is saying that the resistor harness is 3 weeks out when some of you guys are getting it shipped out?

Ah I see. So animation+sequential turn signals. I can’t do no animation with sequential turn signals.
You know what makes the animation so bad... When driving in a tunnel and the auto lights go on you will get animation while driving, at least i think so. If the animation just came the first time you unlock the car then it wouldn't be a big deal. I would prefer animations off, sequential turn lights on...which is not possible.

Reactions: interbear99