Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S/X sunroof- 5x more light in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot is from new Ultra Red commercial. Tesla Twitter says 5x more light, same thermal properties and weight is lighter. Between this and the new red it’s calling me to order one

83BB835A-4C1F-46D5-8177-DDCD6A576F13.jpeg

Reactions: Nickos and aerodyne
Screenshot is from new Ultra Red commercial. Tesla Twitter says 5x more light, same thermal properties and weight is lighter. Between this and the new red it’s calling me to order one

View attachment 915839
Already have a red car which has dropped 30k in value in 8 months.

The clear roof is pretty compelling though. If my last delivery experience was not so bad, id be tempted.

Reactions: Nickos
It would be cool if one could dial in the amount of sunlight via the roof. Otherwise, this is just personal taste, and clearly the consensus is less sunlight

I wouldn't say that's consensus at all. I like things bright - certainly don't mind sunlight. Don't want the heat necessarily, but supposedly the coating on this glass helps with that.

But I agree; I've wondered why we don't see the same electronically-dimmable glass they use on the Boeing Dreamliner more often. Would be amazing on this roof!

Reactions: Nickos and gaswalla
Agree w dmurphy and I love this update, always preferred the lighter glass on the Model Y, and I'm in sunny Southern California (currently not so sunny :)). Previous S roof was too dark it was kinda hard to see the palm trees😁

With the additional $5k, HW4 cameras and now this I'm glad I didn't take a demo after all, though it's still a great buy and car for anyone that did as they are fundamentally so similar