Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took my X in for the 25,000 mile service. The overall experience was quite different from my last service about 9 months ago. This time - pulling up they had several cars checking in. While I discussed the service with the adviser - another individual photographed my car in great detail - inside and out - after asking permission to enter the car. They identified two minor scratches that I had not noticed. They asked whether it was okay to update the firmware and wash the car ( I know some folks are very sensitive on those two points). The loaner car - also an X - was all set to go. I just had to show my license, sign for the car and I was off and going. During the service I received text messages following the progress throughout the day - from staging - to maintenance - to car wash.

Nine months ago - it was quite a bit more informal and clearly not geared to handling volumes of service. I commented to the adviser that this was quite a different process and he indicated they are gearing up for the Model 3.

All of the process changes made good sense to me. The overall communication was much better. The time to drop off the car and get in the loaner was about 10 minutes overall.

It is good to see the progress toward a more scalable service model.
-----------------
Were you in Dedham? When it first opened, I had some (minor) work done on my car. The fellow running the service department was new to Tesla from a BMW dealership... he was a "Car guy" and it showed.

I always wondered if every SC is ran differently. If the SC has more traffic it probably has something in place (a better procedure / protocol like you described), and a smaller SC is still ran informally like my local SC.

Every time I went in my SC (all within the past months) they kept changing things around. One thing was they added UMC/adapters checkboxes on the loaner checkout doc, as they told me how the UMCs were stolen when the loaners came back. People can go so low driving these expensive cars.
It is customary to reference ACRONYMS first before using them. What is a SC, and What is a UMC ? It makes it easy for the new reader to learn and understand the author of the written text.

Reactions: navguy12
It is customary to reference ACRONYMS first before using them. What is a SC, and What is a UMC ? It makes it easy for the new reader to learn and understand the author of the written text.
SC - service center
SpC - Supercharger
UMC - universal mobile connector

It would be a challenge to type those out on every single post expecting new reader is going to read it though.

Current loner I have now is an Infinity QX30 that stinks inside and drives like a wet sponge. It was either between this car and a Nissan to drive. Staff members are nice but I'm not sure why they don't get loaners. Their parking lot is full with brand new S's and X's though.

The Tempe SC just got a load of Infiniti QX30's and I'm assuming as loaners, there were 8 of them on Sunday, what happened to getting a Tesla....