Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software 2021.24.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tracked each of the updates I've received vs the release date to see if I could determine a pattern.

Nope.

2021.4.18.2 - received 12 days after release date
2021.12.25.7 - received 7 days after release date
2021.24.4 - received 10 days after release date
2021.24.5 - received 7 days after release date
2021.24.11 - received 1 day after release date

My SW development certs expired a decade ago, but I think my brandly-new MYP which arrived with 2021.11.102 is waaaaaaay behind. I'm new to the OTA update world. Is it possible to force an update, or do I need to just wait it out?

Reactions: mrfeb14
Mine shows 2021.11.103. just had the car delivered last Saturday.
How many more updates came after this? Also, how long after delivery will I get an update? People are saying they have Disney plus and car wash mode, but my car doesn't show either.

How many more updates came after this? Also, how long after delivery will I get an update? People are saying they have Disney plus and car wash mode, but my car doesn't show either.
New Tesla vehicles ship with a known to be stable software release. Expect to remain at that version for at least several weeks if not longer. In the Tesla Updates setting you can select Advanced, this may put your vehicle into the queue for receiving future updates sooner but no way to know for sure.

See link to Teslafi.com firmware tracker in post #12.

You won't get those features until you get a 2021.24.x update, which will probably be the next (first) one you get. As noted, you can't force an update, gotta wait your turn! In the last week and a half, I've gotten 2021.24.4, .5 and .11. They all seem to be essentially the same thing, although I did notice yesterday that the last one seemed to have reset my Navi settings to the default.

Reactions: DarthStar
You won't get those features until you get a 2021.24.x update, which will probably be the next (first) one you get. As noted, you can't force an update, gotta wait your turn! In the last week and a half, I've gotten 2021.24.4, .5 and .11. They all seem to be essentially the same thing, although I did notice yesterday that the last one seemed to have reset my Navi settings to the default.
I experienced the exact same 3 updates over the past 7-10 days but my navigation settings remained intact. It’s weird how these 3 updates are exactly the same thing. Not even a mention of removing bugs or anything. I believe these updates are setting up the foundation for FSD 10.

How come in the release notes for battery range/percentage toggle it shows the battery icon in green, but it’s still grey in the actual software? I got excited when I saw the release notes that they made it green again.