Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software Update Available.... [Just .250]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got .250 this morning. I got the notification that it was ready to install, instructed the car to I install "now", it started the 2 minute countdown to begin installation, I closed the door and walked away to let it do its thing. Car was plugged in at home and on my wifi. Came back a half hour later to check. Got in the car and all controls were unresponsive. The car was "hung". Tried to reboot the usual way, no response. Tried to put it into Drive and got a driver display warning message that the car needed a software update and I should call Tesla Service. Hmm... Went back inside to get my phone so I could call service while sitting in the car. Came back a few minutes later to discover error message was gone. Controls now responded to me. Put it in Reverse and backed up, then I. drive and pulled forward. All seems to be normal.

I just got .250 this morning. I got the notification that it was ready to install, instructed the car to I install "now", it started the 2 minute countdown to begin installation, I closed the door and walked away to let it do its thing. Car was plugged in at home and on my wifi. Came back a half hour later to check. Got in the car and all controls were unresponsive. The car was "hung". Tried to reboot the usual way, no response. Tried to put it into Drive and got a driver display warning message that the car needed a software update and I should call Tesla Service. Hmm... Went back inside to get my phone so I could call service while sitting in the car. Came back a few minutes later to discover error message was gone. Controls now responded to me. Put it in Reverse and backed up, then I. drive and pulled forward. All seems to be normal.
That's why I just let updates install overnight.