Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Marketing Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an FYI: The link that you posted contains tracking information so Tesla can see how often the personalized link is clicked in the email that was sent to you. As people on the site use the link, Tesla might think you are really interested in it. ;)
Thanks for the heads up. I am not sure how to edit out the link in an old post. I've reported the post and hopefully a moderator will take care of it..

I put down the $5,000 to get access to the design studio. I know I want the car, but am not in a huge rush, especially since 70D are far into the future. My $5,000 deposit served the exact purpose I intended.
I don't know what your intended purpose was but Tesla has your money and since early January anyone can log on and within two weeks have an order placed and some who ordered in January already have their car. It is not holding "a place in line". You would be better to cancel your reservation get your money back and when you decide you really want an X place an order. There would be no difference other you wouldn't be giving them an interest free loan.

I don't know what your intended purpose was but Tesla has your money and since early January anyone can log on and within two weeks have an order placed and some who ordered in January already have their car. It is not holding "a place in line". You would be better to cancel your reservation get your money back and when you decide you really want an X place an order. There would be no difference other you wouldn't be giving them an interest free loan.
Darryl,
As I said in my initial post, "I put down the $5,000 to get access to the design studio." If you read all the posts you would have seen I fully understand how the reservation system works as described in my #12 post. Thank you so much for your advice. I will take it under consideration.

Last edited:
Same boat as you beths11. Here's a timeline of how it went for me:

• Reserved on 4/3, fully expecting an end of the year Model X
  • Email received on 4/4, saying, "If you confirm now, the estimated delivery window is April/May 2016."
  • Stunned, wife and I decided to go ahead and configure on 4/4.
  • Last day to make configuration changes/cancel is 4/11.
  • I'm guessing my delivery date will be given after the 11th.
I'm surprised that April is even mentioned. That doesn't seem realistic. Even May doesn't seem realistic if there are 90/90D VINS still waiting to be assigned from the other threads I've seen.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
Hi all,

I made my reservation in 3/28 , ordered on 4/1 and confirmed 4/8 got my VIN on 4/9. In production queue now... From what I have read it will be 2 weeks at least before it hits the factory floor then another week or two of production seems like all parts are available now with no hold up. I'm hopeful to see my MX by end of May if not sooner. I ordered a P90D premium all options except sub zero pkg and non ludicrous but would be thrilled if I got a nice surprise when I pick it up :)

I remember reading that P90Ds would get preferential treatment in the queu. So once the design studio is open to the public and you no longer need a $5k deposit I think that might end.

When Tesla says April/May to new people, they mean that April is possible if you pick up at Fremont, but your car would likely be delivered mid to late May if you ordered a 90D. 70D cars will begin production soon. I am speculating here, but I think Tesla considers mid year to be May-July.

Thank goodness I did not listen to Darryl. Using my reservation today I was able to secure a 75D for the price of a 70D. A very good investment indeed.