Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tires at 21,000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 46k miles on the car, still a generous 2/32" left on the original PS4S.

No reason to not use all the tread!!! Perfect conditions now with all the rain in San Diego; making good use of the excellent grip of the PS4S rubber. Just have to avoid puddles!

They've had one (wet) autocross on them, but admittedly they actually haven't been on the car the whole time (I have two other sets of wheels; have to have one set for every occasion). Definitely been on more than half the time though. That autocross definitely hurt, but deliberately did it in the wet/damp to prevent them from melting completely.

Overall not bad. Now I just have to figure out how to dump these 20" wheels and get something that looks good with tires at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
I'm surprised you haven't researched to find out that OEM sold tires are excluded from tire warranties.

You've been posting this here for years yet time and time again when everyone tells you warranty reimbursements and credits are offered by Michelin even on OEM tires, for nearly everyone who requests them, you refuse to believe it every time. The power of disbelief is truly incredible.

You've been posting this here for years yet time and time again when everyone tells you warranty reimbursements and credits are offered by Michelin even on OEM tires, for nearly everyone who requests them, you refuse to believe it every time. The power of disbelief is truly incredible.
Post a link to Michelin warranty that substantiates your claims.
That's what I did.
Power of facts. A novel concept, I know.

Otherwise, please stop spreading rumors, and "everyone tells you" or "I've heard" BS.

a

• Disagree
Reactions: zhu-
Post a link to Michelin warranty that substantiates your claims.
That's what I did.
Power of facts. A novel concept, I know.

Otherwise, please stop spreading rumors, and "everyone tells you" or "I've heard" BS.

a
I've been reimbursed on OEM tires. The guy you posted your link at got reimbursed. In every thread you post that link in people tell you they've gotten compensated yet you're in disbelief. You've made a Michelin tire warranty your personality.

Last time I let my car (03 CRV) go down to 3/32, it felt like driving slicks in the snow😅. But then again, I had those cheap Yokohama tires that even though it says "all-season", they were pretty much useless at 5/32 (in the winter of course with about 2-3 inch of snow) and this is an 03 CRV that goes 0-60 in 3 hrs 🤣. Anyway, I will tell my son to replace his tires before next winter which I would assume would be at the 4/32 range but that would still put him less than 20K.....well, live and learn.

Can you explain this a little more. I looked at the tires, wore evenly, disappointed to replace at such early mileage but don't see where there is a claim.
Happens all the time in Montreal, Canada. Tesla owners go through warranty and come out with 4 new set of tires. Some has had 75% rebate and have read up to 90%. YMMV.

You need to find a dealer that can do warranty claim with the tire manufacturer.

I've been reimbursed on OEM tires. The guy you posted your link at got reimbursed. In every thread you post that link in people tell you they've gotten compensated yet you're in disbelief. You've made a Michelin tire warranty your personality.
3 replies in this thread saying their tire shop warrantied the OEM Michelin tires for them. One mentioned discount tires. Where did you get yours warrantied? My OEM MXM4s are not going to last anywhere near the 45000 or 55000 miles, they're almost evenly down to the wear bars on all 4 with 18000 miles on them. And yes I accelerate hard all the time :p I would love to get them warrantied and get a discount on some new tires.

To be fair to @afadeev , Michelin's own fine print on their website says:
  1. Excludes DOT–approved competition tires (e.g., MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport Cup tires) and Original Equipment tires starting with 2018 model year. Mileage warranties vary by tire line. See your tire retailer or click here for more details on specific mileage warranties, including those for split fitments.
Further examination of the Warranty Claim Procedure manual on their site makes no mention of such requirement for Mileage warranty claims.

At the bottom of their 2019 Warranty flyer quick guide:
Original Equipment Tires Michelin does not cover Original Equipment tires for mileage.

In their Michielin OE tires owner's manual:
Other limitations include but are not limited to the following: – Michelin does not cover Original Equipment tires for mileage

TLDR:
Michelin doesn't officially warranty OEM installed tires after 2018, but your shop might still do it for you.

Last edited: