Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update 2021.44.25 adds customizable app launcher like Model S refresh plus other major upgrades to system.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New photos of 2021.44.25
  • Updated UI/App Launcher
  • Blind Spot Camera with Turn Signal
  • Autopilot icon and drive gear indicators
tesla-tidal-main-screen.jpg
tesla-2021-holiday-software-update-22.jpeg
tesla-blind-spot-camera-2.jpg
tesla-blind-spot-camera.jpg
tesla-autopilot-icon-change.jpg
tesla_holiday_update_2021_1.jpg
tesla_holiday_update_2021_3.jpg

Source: First Look: Tesla Blind Spot Camera Feature in Action; New Smaller Autopilot Icon [PICS] - TeslaNorth.com

As long as I can add wipers back to the launcher bar, fine.

Otherwise, this is a total interface failure IMO. Putting the wipers YET ANOTHER click away is ridiculous.
To make room for customizable apps in the app launcher, many apps or features were removed from the launcher.
For example, wipers, seat heaters and front and rear defrost options were removed.
Wipers are now accessible through the left stalk button or by going to Controls, where you're then able to choose from off, low speed, medium, fast or auto options.

Source:
First look at Tesla's new v11 UI

If this article is accurate, this update sounds absolutely horrible. Basic car functions now take even more screen interaction burred in menus and now I give up valuable screen space for app launchers I mostly should not use while driving. This address absolutely none of the UI problems introduced last year and somehow manages to make it all much worse. This. Is. Madness. I really hope much of this article is wrong, otherwise thanks for another s*it sandwich Elon...

As long as I can add wipers back to the launcher bar, fine.

Otherwise, this is a total interface failure IMO. Putting the wipers YET ANOTHER click away is ridiculous.
Elon has said multiple times they want as little user input as possible. The seat heaters are going automatic just like the wiper blades are “supposed” to work in auto mode too. Get used to more buttons going away.

Source: User Input Equals Error: The Elon Musk Approach

If this article is accurate, this update sounds absolutely horrible. Basic car functions now take even more screen interaction burred in menus and now I give up valuable screen space for app launchers I mostly should not use while driving. This address absolutely none of the UI problems introduced last year and somehow manages to make it all much worse. This. Is. Madness. I really hope much of this article is wrong, otherwise thanks for another s*it sandwich Elon...
Wow. A total overreaction. I guess OTA car updates are not for you.

Some people love buttons, and more buttons.

Went to look at an Acura the other day, wow was it a button overload - I mean really. Imagine if every laptop came with a slew of custom buttons and layout. F that.

Has nothing to do with wanting more buttons.

But if you’re going to give me a “flexible” app bar, at least let me put back the functions that occupied it previously.

Burying a safety-critical item like wipers in a second tier, when it’s been first tier since the car has launched, is silly. At least let me put it back.

And yeah yeah - voice control, single-wipe button, etc. I got that. Adjusting speed control quickly still matters, and when it does, I don’t want to be screwing around waiting for a second tier menu to open.