TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Update

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Nev&Co, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Nev&Co

Nev&Co X60D MC Red. Delivered 12/30/2016

i just received a new update notification but haven't got the chance to do it yet. Anyone else getting the update? I saw from the S forum saying the following:

Auto steer increased to 50mph
    Tacc increased to 80mph
    Added side collision warning

Will confirm after my update is done.

2. ming

ming Member

Yes. I got it last night. Here are images of the notes from Model X with an image of the increased AP speed.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 3
  3. NerdDoc

NerdDoc Member

Very hard to predict but at this rate (5mph increase every 2 weeks), still won't have parity to AP1 for about 2 months or more.

4. mohanman

mohanman Member

I love the way Tesla does small updates. Gives me time to get used to what they have released, know all about it etc.. then slowly move into hopefully one day soon.. full self driving. Awesome!

• Like x 3
  5. inder123

inder123 New Member

Auto steer seems to be disabled on most roads. For me, it was enabled only on Highway 85, ironically at 45 speed limit.

6. cstromme

cstromme Member

Anybody with the shaking road / random cars appearing/disappearing that got this and can tell us if it's better at road / car / whatever detection?

7. ming

ming Member

@cstromme it's not really any better. My road still shakes and cars that are right in front of me stopped at the light will disappear. They're fine when they're moving though. I also still get the Driver Assistance Features disabled prompt.

8. Haxster

Haxster Member

Yes, it only works on "highways" at this time.

For Highway 85 around Cupertino, the speed limitation is not really much of an issue...unless you drive during non-commute hours. ;)

9. Socalcommuter

Socalcommuter Member

Oh yeah! So we can do the line dance at faster speeds (autosteer) and break from 80 to 0 with ghost red cars to test our breaking and the reaction time of the person behind us.

10. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

Just installed it earlier today and the jittery road and disappearing cars don't seem any different than before.

11. Duckjybe

Duckjybe Member

What about TACC braking when going under overhead signs? It has happened a couple of times. I got the impending collision beeps going under the sign and a few other times for no reason. I do have the collision warning set to warn early which may be partly the issue?

12. Dj B

Dj B Member

Do you still have to jiggle the wheel once every two minutes so autosteer won't shut off?

13. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

I've never personally had that issue and my time with update is extremely limited so far. I've probably driven less than ten miles on it. In that short distance the same issues of disappearing cars and jiggly road lines appeared the same. Functionality beyond that I haven't have a chance to test.

Haven't used AP on it yet as I've only been in town. I'd suspect it's still there though. It's been there consistently from mid-lifecycle of AP1 to now.

14. tommyli2017

tommyli2017 Member

Yes, I live in Irvine, too, and that's what my Model X says on the dashboard about Driver Assistance Features Disabled. However, for some strange reason if I'm stuck in traffic on the carpool lane nearing the Orange Crush, the Auto Steer icon suddenly shows up. It has also happened at some other random traffic roads, but never where I want it to appear. Anyone else experiencing this? I have a Service Center appointment this coming Monday and will be asking about it.

15. tommyli2017

tommyli2017 Member

Yes, that's happened to me before, too. Since I had a clear path in front of me, I couldn't figure out why my TACC speed suddenly slowed down until I noticed that it was only happening when I was passing an overpass or a bridge above me. It used to make beeping sounds, but it no longer does. It just quickly decelerates and then accelerates back to the Cruise Control speed that I set it at. I have an appointment this coming Monday at the SC to address this concern among several others that have cropped up since I picked up the car last December.

16. NerdDoc

NerdDoc Member

Just got the update this morning. Haven't had a chance to try it out. From what it's worth I got it while on Wi-Fi at home.

17. rush6410

rush6410 Member

Major issue I had before was front collision warning and breaking on a road leading to my neighborhood that has a lot of curves. It would detect on coming cars as stopped cars in front of me. This update seemed to alleviate the breaking and warning. But, the lines and cars detected still jump around. I heard that the jumping cars and lines was a display issue only and the sensors still worked as intended. I have noticed that is true for me. If it detects a car to follow in my lane, TACC works flawlessly even though the display shows the car jumping from lane to lane left and right. I am sure they are working to resolve and will be updated soon.

18. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

But most importantly, are your graphic equalizer settings staying set?

• Like x 1
  19. Lipsyte

Lipsyte Member

Got the update earlier. Didn't test it yet.
    It was fixed by the previous update :)

20. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

I realize that, but it doesn't mean they can't break it again.