Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nev&Co

X60D MC Red. Delivered 12/30/2016
Oct 20, 2016
California
i just received a new update notification but haven't got the chance to do it yet. Anyone else getting the update? I saw from the S forum saying the following:

Auto steer increased to 50mph
Tacc increased to 80mph
Added side collision warning

Will confirm after my update is done.

Yes. I got it last night. Here are images of the notes from Model X with an image of the increased AP speed.

Attachments

• IMG_4290.JPG
    IMG_4290.JPG
    633.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_4291.JPG
    IMG_4291.JPG
    548.9 KB · Views: 127
Just installed it earlier today and the jittery road and disappearing cars don't seem any different than before.
What about TACC braking when going under overhead signs? It has happened a couple of times. I got the impending collision beeps going under the sign and a few other times for no reason. I do have the collision warning set to warn early which may be partly the issue?

What about TACC braking when going under overhead signs? It has happened a couple of times. I got the impending collision beeps going under the sign and a few other times for no reason. I do have the collision warning set to warn early which may be partly the issue?

I've never personally had that issue and my time with update is extremely limited so far. I've probably driven less than ten miles on it. In that short distance the same issues of disappearing cars and jiggly road lines appeared the same. Functionality beyond that I haven't have a chance to test.

Do you still have to jiggle the wheel once every two minutes so autosteer won't shut off?

Haven't used AP on it yet as I've only been in town. I'd suspect it's still there though. It's been there consistently from mid-lifecycle of AP1 to now.

@cstromme it's not really any better. My road still shakes and cars that are right in front of me stopped at the light will disappear. They're fine when they're moving though. I also still get the Driver Assistance Features disabled prompt.
Yes, I live in Irvine, too, and that's what my Model X says on the dashboard about Driver Assistance Features Disabled. However, for some strange reason if I'm stuck in traffic on the carpool lane nearing the Orange Crush, the Auto Steer icon suddenly shows up. It has also happened at some other random traffic roads, but never where I want it to appear. Anyone else experiencing this? I have a Service Center appointment this coming Monday and will be asking about it.

Yes, that's happened to me before, too. Since I had a clear path in front of me, I couldn't figure out why my TACC speed suddenly slowed down until I noticed that it was only happening when I was passing an overpass or a bridge above me. It used to make beeping sounds, but it no longer does. It just quickly decelerates and then accelerates back to the Cruise Control speed that I set it at. I have an appointment this coming Monday at the SC to address this concern among several others that have cropped up since I picked up the car last December.

Major issue I had before was front collision warning and breaking on a road leading to my neighborhood that has a lot of curves. It would detect on coming cars as stopped cars in front of me. This update seemed to alleviate the breaking and warning. But, the lines and cars detected still jump around. I heard that the jumping cars and lines was a display issue only and the sensors still worked as intended. I have noticed that is true for me. If it detects a car to follow in my lane, TACC works flawlessly even though the display shows the car jumping from lane to lane left and right. I am sure they are working to resolve and will be updated soon.