Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Y on configuration page.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order still shows rear wheel drive and aero wheels, but no sign of those on the new configurator. Wonder if these reservation types will just be converted to the new options, assuming the RWD has gone away.

Likely the will drop RWD. Not sure if the cost goes up. With my Model X they upgraded the MCU to version 2 and change the interior color combination between the time we ordered and delivery.

My LR RWD order adjusted recently, by no change from me, they dropped the RWD, and upgraded the wheels to the base LR AWD wheels. Who knows what we’re actually getting now.

Mine swapped aero for Gemini wheels, but still shows my RWD option. Guessing that will change if yours has. Other threads indicate RWD has been dropped and Tesla may be calling reservation holders to make the change. Did your price change to reflect the AWD option or stay at the RWD price?

I just checked my order, they upgraded the wheels to the 20” from the original 19” I had selected. So I changed it back to the Gemini 19’s

B9957FB4-8FD4-4EF4-861D-592841765918.jpeg

9EC1B06C-EF97-47EC-B064-EAF5F5D20D05.jpeg

Last edited:
I just checked my order, they upgraded the wheels to the 20” from the original 19” I had selected. So I changed it back to the Gemini 19’s

View attachment 505846

View attachment 505847

Ahh looks like your post confirmed it. The price increase on the car was added when the configuration was changed. I had heard of some folk changing options but didn't see if the base price increase applied. No big deal if you prefer the smaller wheel size.

[]
Ordered RWD just like my Model 3 so like others need to understand what that means. Should I edit my order for AWD? We shall see.
What I found interesting is the 20" wheel options are an additional $2k but Tesla changed my order to include the 20" wheels at no extra cost.

Surprised you did this - the gemini wheel looks terrible compared to the 20" induction wheel. Major let down on the stock wheels being silver, which looks totally out of place with the factory black trim. Found some early model Y pictures and it looks like there are gemini wheels in black which looks wayyyy better. Maybe just powdercoat the gemini wheels, hmmmm.

Are you planning to trade your 3 in? I'm tempted to try to sell mine now, during this period of low model 3 supply - 3-4 months from now, I anticipate model 3 values taking a big hit.

Surprised you did this - the gemini wheel looks terrible compared to the 20" induction wheel. Major let down on the stock wheels being silver, which looks totally out of place with the factory black trim. Found some early model Y pictures and it looks like there are gemini wheels in black which looks wayyyy better. Maybe just powdercoat the gemini wheels, hmmmm.

Are you planning to trade your 3 in? I'm tempted to try to sell mine now, during this period of low model 3 supply - 3-4 months from now, I anticipate model 3 values taking a big hit.
The Model 3 is mine and I’m keeping that sweet ride, the Y is for the wifey, the 20” inductions wheels look black and she doesn’t like the black wheels on the already dark car midnight grey, she wanted the silver ones. Later we will switch those wheels out for these:

0C8A1EB3-5349-4D9C-9754-42EA801BEC8C.jpeg

Reactions: OutofPocket